ok, so i know that active pickups are basically a pickup with a mini processor in it that boosts the output cleans up the sound etc etc. what i was wondering was what companies make them? i only know of EMG, i was wondering if you guys knew of any others?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
dimarzio has one that requires no battery and is supposed to be pretty good. i couldnt tell you the model though.

wait maybe it was seymour duncan. i dont know it was in guitar world
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Seymour Duncan makes the Livewire set, which is Dave Mustaine signature. They are also releasing a new one that Alexi from Children of Bodom uses, but the name currently escapes me.
Quote by sdmf5150
Seymour Duncan makes the Livewire set, which is Dave Mustaine signature. They are also releasing a new one that Alexi from Children of Bodom uses, but the name currently escapes me.

alexi uses emg-hz, unless he switched. theres new seymour duncans called blackouts but idk how they are
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
thx, i'll be looking into those.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Oh ok, it's the Blackouts. From what I've heard, Alexi has started to use those. i know there was talk of it on here a few weeks ago.
it's probably their blackouts, which i think is what this duncan designed set i played was based on, if they are...my god you have to get them.. they had the tone and soul of passive's, but with the power and harmonics of active's, they were very clear on distortion, but not so much to where they sounded sterile, was very nice
hmm ive never heard of that... if he does use them they cant be that bad then i guess
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
oh i'm not sure about what alexi uses, i don't really listen to them , i was just talking from personal experiance