anyone try this amp before? I need a new amp and I have been seriously considering this one. I need an amp that has good cleans and i figure I can just get distorion with pedals. It's 100 watt tube 2X 12 so it's pretty fricken loud right(ive never used a tube amp before)?
It's more loud than you'll ever use.

Anyways, It has pretty good cleans. The distortion sounds pretty good too, you probably won't have to rely on pedals.

The Cons is, it has bad reliability. They are known to break down often.

But, At a price of $600 you get what you pay for. I'd definately get a waranty if I was you.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
If you would consider a different amp there are many decent tube combos in your price range especially if you look used. 30 watts would be gig worthy for most places. Even if you buy a B52 100 watt combo its better to buy it used. The failure rate for used gear is much lower than new gear (bugs are worked out.)
Quote by uldhppi
If you would consider a different amp there are many decent tube combos in your price range especially if you look used. 30 watts would be gig worthy for most places. Even if you buy a B52 100 watt combo its better to buy it used. The failure rate for used gear is much lower than new gear (bugs are worked out.)

I've looked all the pawn shops in my area and cant find anything good and I won't buy over the internet.
Like Cort said it could be alright if you get a good warrenty (preferably a full exchange value one.) I don't know if other music stores do it (I suspect they do) but Guitar Center will not refund your money except with store credit. They have always been very good to me. Do not buy any expensive piece of musical equipment without extensively trying it out.
100 watts is probably overkill. People go to bars and some clubs (other than discos) to have conversation and meet people. If they can't scream over the music they leave. Most gigs are not concert venues.
I have the B-52 AT 112 amp, which is basically the little brother of the one you are considering. Mine didn't break down, and I was told it is only the older models that break down. The latest batch of B-52 ATs is pretty much bug free.

My guitar center has a 30 day money back guarantee. Maybe yours does too?
WTLTL 2011
I apologize if I'm a little late for this, but I got my AT-212 in May of 2007 and I have had zero problems with it. Alot of people say the reverb eventually stops working. My reverb is powerful as hell, and I've seen nothing lacking of it whatsoever. I could have gotten a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier, a Marshall JCM900 full stack, or a Peavey Valveking 212, but the B-52 came out to be the winner. The Mesa Rectifier (often compared to B-52), though a pretty good amp with brutal distortion has CRAP cleans, and the tone wasn't as nice and smooth as the AT-212.
My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Ariana ZZZ Acoustic
Roland Micro Cube
Peavey Bandit 65
M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Controller
TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6 Interface
Propellerhead Reason 4.0
Dimarzio Cliplock Straps
I got a soundclip in my profile. If you want more, or with particular settings let me know I will upload them for you. (just send me a PM) Do note that my microphone isn't the greatest.
WTLTL 2011
I love my B-52. I have the at 112 though. Its a great amp. In my opinion its got really good gain, but the clean channel is decent.... But I got the amp because its one of the few amps that I could get for under 500$ that has a nice drive channels to it. You can get hard rock with no pedals at all, and I throw my metal muff on there to get some really nice metal tones
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
In my opinion, I don't think any other amp that is available right now is better at doing what the AT series offers, unless you go for something by Mesa or Carvin (both a hell of alot more expensive)
My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Ariana ZZZ Acoustic
Roland Micro Cube
Peavey Bandit 65
M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Controller
TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6 Interface
Propellerhead Reason 4.0
Dimarzio Cliplock Straps
Quote by WrathOscuro
In my opinion, I don't think any other amp that is available right now is better at doing what the AT series offers, unless you go for something by Mesa or Carvin (both a hell of alot more expensive)

He speaks the truth.
WTLTL 2011
i own it and really dig it. orginally bought it used and ive had it for about two years and ive never had any problems with it. nice clean and good crunchie distortion