How would you go about emulating that springy, sweet tone for that riff in the chorus? The riff itself is short and simple, but I've fallen in love with that tone. I'm sure it's very simple to produce, but since I'm a relative newbie, I'll ask anyway.

What does he use on his records anyway? Sounds like a Tele or a Strat at times, and I don't know enough about his signature guitar to have much idea about the tones it can produce.
Holy **** that tone is amazing! I have no idea how to get it.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

I'm a pretty big Prince fan but idk exactly what he uses for that specific song. I can tell you his main guitar is a Hofner but looks exactly like a Telecaster, I've also seen him play a Strat a few times aside from when he plays his symbol guitar or the cloud guitar. He probably played the Hofner Tele on Most Beautiful Girl In The World.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Shit, that is a great song.

I love it -- I'm gaining a new appreciation for old-eighties sounding pop. The initial slightly immature reaction was to think 'Cheese!' simply because of the number of synths involved, but it's actually gorgeous music once you get past that stage.

And the girls f***ing adore it. Most girls will absolutely melt in your arms if this song is playing on the radio when you're in bed. Yes, it happened to me recently, ha.

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Holy **** that tone is amazing! I have no idea how to get it.

Yes, it is.

Quote by T.V.EYE
I'm a pretty big Prince fan but idk exactly what he uses for that specific song. I can tell you his main guitar is a Hofner but looks exactly like a Telecaster, I've also seen him play a Strat a few times aside from when he plays his symbol guitar or the cloud guitar. He probably played the Hofner Tele on Most Beautiful Girl In The World.

Very interesting, thank you. I wish I knew more about soul, funk and jazz guitar. In fact, I wish there were more members who could talk about these styles with authority.

Don't get me wrong... I definitely like my Avenged Sevenfolds and Black Label Societies too, but I also enjoy listening to Pat Metheny, Pink Martini and Puccini... there's just not enough diversity on the ultimate-guitar forums sadly.