can anyone tell me how to make a drum roll type thing in guitar pro. i dont really know anything about drumming so im just trying to make a simple beat behind my guitar but i dont know the best way to make a drum roll.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
make really fast snare hits or whatever you would call them?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
^yeah
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
i was about to try that but then i was like no, there must be a better way, so i stopped and asked here, but i guess ill go back to plan a.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Download songs that have drum rolls(or any drum related thing you need) and use the drum tab as a guide.
would a trill work?

EDIT:
nope...they dont work, just use 16th, 32nd, triplet or any combo of the 3 to get your effect. if you want beat-centered rolls, use ghost notes.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Last edited by djn419 at Sep 9, 2007,
is a drum roll a snare roll or a roll around all the drums?

48,47,45,40 is wat i use for drum rolls around all the drums 16th, 32nd notes or watever..

but just snares just use snare hits in 16th notes or watever floats ur boat...lol
MD5K
IBANEZ
you could try "tremolo picking" (indicated by three slashes stacked on each other). otherwise massive subdivision of the beat. i personally think that sounds a bit better.