im looking for trippy effects, footcontrolled, like rush uses in "Tom Sawyer" and other trippy effects, also maybe used by pink floyd, like footcontrolled phase shifters and flangers and rotating speakers and stuff like that (more info on the rotating speakers appreciated, such as how to use them). thanks.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
My favorite is the 'ol whammy set to 2 octaves up, then put a little delay on it. Mix that with a nice phaser action... and you're trippin' man... you're trippin'
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
all of them at once.

try wah+chorus+flanger+reverb+delay+phaser. if you set it right it sounds really sweet
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
the single most trippy effect is delay. I go Wah-mild OD-compression-chorus-delay for the really trippy stuff and wowzer... it sounds hella tight!
plug your wah in backwards
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by punk_rocker101
im looking for trippy effects, footcontrolled, like rush uses in "Tom Sawyer" and other trippy effects, also maybe used by pink floyd, like footcontrolled phase shifters and flangers and rotating speakers and stuff like that (more info on the rotating speakers appreciated, such as how to use them). thanks.

arent the "trippy" sounds on tom sawyer just geddy lee playing a synth keyboard?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Uni-vibe.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by marvelboy_04
arent the "trippy" sounds on tom sawyer just geddy lee playing a synth keyboard?

yeah, but i was wondering if i could get that on guitar
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Just be experimental with a lot of effects. It's often about creativity and combinations, they isn't one trippy effect.

Feedback is a big help too.

Edit: to the guy above, that sig of yours was from my thread. hooray.
get a gt-8; it has many wicked delays, stuff which sounds like synthesizer and al the other trippy effects mentioned in this thread, al combined you can get real crazy sounds!!!
Going by the term 'trippy', Id recommend a combination of liberal amounts of tremolo and reverb. That creates a guitar sound that is the definition of trippy IMO.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
Line 6 Echo Park or dl-4 set to reverse with a digitech synth wah usually works quite nicely
If I had something interesting to say, something to advertise or maybe a quote of someone referencing me in a positive light, it would go here. Yes it would.