Cant quite decide between a Seymour Duncan SH-13 Dimebucker, or an EMG-81 for the Bridge position. I've read plenty about both, but would like some opinions as well. Obviously those two options imply that I play metal and shred and what not, but my style is not limited to. I play clean a lot as well, and everything in between. What I really look for is the the heavy chug in palm muting, and the blistering harmonics for pinches and dimebombs and whatnot, not to mention a high end that screams.

Thats the main question I have, but I was also wondering about neck pickup opinions. I was seriously considering the EMG-85 for the neck position, unless you guys had any other ideas.
I just got a dimebucker put into my squire and i'm not gonna lie, its pretty damn sexy when you have the distortion cranked and the delay on. But then again, i've never played an emg before, but i play alotta metal too and have been happy with the dime.
Funky c, Funky do
Go for a set of Seymour Duncan Custom Customs.

Dimebucker sucks. EMG might be a better idea out of those though.

but it will help if you post the amp u have and a price range.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Im running through a Crate GL1200 head, and 4x12 100 watt crate cabinet. But lets pretend for now that expenses aren't an issue.
Quote by SamZee
Cant quite decide between a Seymour Duncan SH-13 Dimebucker, or an EMG-81 for the Bridge position. I've read plenty about both, but would like some opinions as well. Obviously those two options imply that I play metal and shred and what not, but my style is not limited to. I play clean a lot as well, and everything in between. What I really look for is the the heavy chug in palm muting, and the blistering harmonics for pinches and dimebombs and whatnot, not to mention a high end that screams.

Thats the main question I have, but I was also wondering about neck pickup opinions. I was seriously considering the EMG-85 for the neck position, unless you guys had any other ideas.

What's your amp?

And if you chose one active, you'd have to make the other pickup active. I mean, you could make one passive, but there's a lot of work involved to make the middle position usable, it would require seperate volume controls...it's just a hassle.

EDIT: You mean GLX1200? Save your money. Pickups won't make a significant difference.
Quote by SamZee
Im running through a Crate GL1200 head, and 4x12 100 watt crate cabinet. But lets pretend for now that expenses aren't an issue.

High output pickups will only make an amp like that sound worse.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
In all seriousness though, why in the heck don't you just try them both and buy the one that suits your fancy the most.
Quote by ErosThanatos
UPS offers the best pickups and drop offs. Can't beat that!

hahahahahahah
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
The other day, I played a custom Tele Special with EMGs...through a huge solid state amp, and someone had dialed in a very bassy tone with truckloads of gain...And I made the mistake of playing the intro to Lights and Sounds by Yellowcard (Emo, I know). Let's just say I needed new pants. Never do that. Ever.