i was just wondering.... if someone's really emotional and stuff and acts really emo, but does not dress like one or have any other emo friends, is the person emo?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
No, he/she would be emotionally free. A person can only be labeled as emo if he/she follows the trends of dressing and acting the way a traditional emo would.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
No, he/she would be emotionally free. A person can only be labeled as emo if he/she follows the trends of dressing and acting the way a traditional emo would.

they can still be emo without being labeled "emo"
Well, if we see emo as being more "scene" then no you are not "emo" however if we look at it as an emotional state then yes you are.
so basically what the TS is saying: "i want to be emo but i don't want to be labeled emo"
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Emotional and crying girl from American Idol (OLOLOLOL!!!)

Emo.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by thvstdffrnc
they can still be emo without being labeled "emo"

...¿Que?

I think that the term "emo" itself is a label so I think it is physically impossible to be "emo" without being labeled as "emo".
Quote by crystalh
so basically what the TS is saying: "i want to be emo but i don't want to be labeled emo"

no lol..... not at all.

i mean... take a super stereotypical "emo" person, but put normal clothes on them, a normal haircut, and a normal face lol, and take away the faggedness also

would the person still be labeled "emo"?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by nick dixon
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
Quote by 4e574e57363g
no lol..... not at all.

i mean... take a super stereotypical "emo" person, but put normal clothes on them, a normal haircut, and a normal face lol, and take away the faggedness also

would the person still be labeled "emo"?

That's what I was saying. NO.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
That's what I was saying. NO.

alright, what if the person dresses "emo" but acts like a normal person?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by nick dixon
Quote by Leonheart
Quote by 4e574e57363g
i was just wondering.... if someone's really emotional and stuff and acts really emo, but does not dress like one or have any other emo friends, is the person emo?

Who cares?
Quote by DyingToLive623
There's a difference between and "emo" person, and a scene person
"emo" people dress normally

Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by nick dixon
Quote by Leonheart
In my opinion, "emo" is the kind of person that is always depressed and etc. and that tries to suicide (and fails most of the time rofl) no matter what clothes they wear and how their hair look!

As for hair/clothes that people call "emo", I call that Scene....

The confusion is really common as most emos are scene and vice-versa... but it's not the same thing!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by DyingToLive623
There's a difference between and "emo" person, and a scene person
"emo" people dress normally

Nowadays, most emos are way into the scene culture.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
thank you hurlyz!

Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by nick dixon
Quote by Leonheart
Quote by FireandFlames
People can't be emotive hardcore.

lo!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
@4e574e57363g : No problem... just don't forget that it's only MY opinion.... most people will call depressive people "normal people" and scene wh0res "emos" lolll....
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by darkstar2466
Emotional and crying girl from American Idol (OLOLOLOL!!!)

Emo.

MOAR of second chick..except where you can actually see her face

I was just ****ing around...unless you actually have moar, which I would be glad to see.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
umm this has to be the gayest thing I have read haha j.k well maybe it is but I think of emo as whiney little bitch that tries to kill themselves and doesnt have the backbone to actually 'try' :P
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
An emo could be the happiest person in the world, they do it all for fashion.

Plenty of people are mopey/depressed/unhappy but are in no way part of the "Emo" scene.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Do ever feel like kicking back in your doc martins, flannel shirt, and beanie hat....and just listen to some Spin Doctors?
You know just you and your bros, with your hacky sack, and you favorite bean bag chair?

And talk about how cool your beard is growing in. You philosophize about why Billy Corgan is so angry. Why can't he just have a pocket full of kryptonite, and be happy? Even if he ain't got no future or family tree. He still knows what a prince and lover ought to be.

I mean, do you see what I'm saying? ...
pukeatronic.
Quote by darkstar2466

Emo.

she's a real looker, isn't she? very cute

anyways...

ever think the person is maybe just depressed or moody?
WORLDS LARGEST NAPALM DEATH FAN