Howdy! I'm not gonna lie, I've posted a couple of threads about various things, but now I'm more smarter about things so I can make some good honest questions.
Right now I'm running a Schecter Damien FR through a Digitech GNX1 and a Regal RE115, crap I know. I decided to upgrade to analog pedals because we all know their better, not as convenient, but better. I already ordered the EH Metal Muff with top boost. I was also looking for a chorus, probably a Boss CE-5 or some ebay chorus, anyone have any suggestions of what to absolutely avoid? Same with delay, I'll probably end up with a DD-6, what is the main difference between the DD-6 and DD-3? I know there is more features on the DD-6, but is is worth the extra moneys? I currently have one of those crappy Target Wah's and i plan on upgrading to something else, anybody have any idea on the Ibanez Weeping Demon? Or any other suggestions?
Now onto amps. I like to mostly play Coheed and Cambria stuff and Death Cab for Cutie, I know that my setup is very un-DCFC, but that doesn't matter. Let's say I play mostly Prog and Indie. I'm looking for an amp that has good cleans, but sounds good distorted. The amp doesn't hafta have good internal distortion, I use my pedals more than I use channel switching (or I would I guess). My preferences are a Tube 2x12 combo, and I'm willing to spend up to $900, I would probably go higher, but that's a good estimation.
Thanks for reading and hopefully responding, I seriously appreciate the help!
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Firstly, barely any of the pedal listed there are analogue but they are still much better than multi-effects (frankly, the analogue purist thing is a bit overdone, sure analogue delay is awesome but it's over-rated). But go single effects, it is so much better. Here's a few pointers

If you get a new amp, you won't need the Metal Muff.

The Boss CH-1 Super Chorus is way better than the Chorus Ensemble. The Visual Sound H20 is a chorus and delay in the one pedal and sounds even better! It is a great pedal and kills two birds with one stone.

For delay, The Visual Sound will do it. However, The DD-3 is a great pedal and it works great. The DD-6 is good for wacky reverse delay and really long delays plus i think it has tap tempo, but is expensive and a bit too much. The DD-3 is quite inexpensive and is also good if you like simplicity in your pedals plus it does the simpler jobs better.

For wah, go Dunlop or Fulltone. The Dunlop GCB-95 is good despite what most people say, but you need to tweak it a bit to make it sound great. The Dunlop 535Q or 95Q would do the job I'd say.

For Prog and Indie, you probably should get a few more effects that are a little more adventurous like a phaser or something, probably an MXR Phase 90 or maybe some sort of other modulation effect.

Onto amps, there are many amps that will serve your purpose. Here's some brand to start off with:

Marshall (only tube though, ignore anything with MG or VS on it, but check out the JCM 800's and 2000's)

Mesa Boogie

Rivera

Soldano

Orange

Fender (with the Metal Muff, it should get you some nice tones)

Hope this helps
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Alright, my uncle is gonna sell me his JCM 800 (plus two cabinets, though I will not need all that) for $500 in October. I think I'm gonna get the H20, and possibly an MXR Phase 90. Within the next year or two I also plan on stepping up to a Gibson Explorer and I'm probably gonna get the whole EMG 81/85 thing goin' on. Any other recommendations for pedals or any other accessories to livin' up the set-up?
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Before you even start using that pedal you just bought.....try the amps distortion and work with it as much as you can. If you need distiortion.....I cant imagine ever having to buy a distortion stomp box if you buy the right amp.

That marshall may meet your needs just fine. If it does.....return the pedal and use the money for a different pedal(like a wah pedal.....your amp obviously wont have wah hehe.....but it will have distortion!).

You still may want to add more to it in terms of distortion/gain....but check first. Because.....if you dont need the pedal.....well....you dont need it! Might as well save the money.

I have a mesa triple recto. I can find no logical reason to ever want to use all the gain this amp has.....let alone an extra box for more! Truthfully, I havent even turned the gain all the way up, nor do I even care to know what it sounds like with the gain driven all the way. I run it half way on channel three and it has an absolutely crushing sound. A good compressor used right can make better use of the distortion already present in the amp for a tighter/edgier sound as opposed to just more gain. Good luck with that marshall.
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.
Quote by Captirk
Alright, my uncle is gonna sell me his JCM 800 (plus two cabinets, though I will not need all that) for $500 in October. I think I'm gonna get the H20, and possibly an MXR Phase 90. Within the next year or two I also plan on stepping up to a Gibson Explorer and I'm probably gonna get the whole EMG 81/85 thing goin' on. Any other recommendations for pedals or any other accessories to livin' up the set-up?

That is a very very sweet deal!!! Your plan sounds good.

Maybe you should return the distortion once you get the amp and get yourself a good overdrive, as it will work better. A Maxon or Fulltone or Carl Martin or Lovepedal would be a sweet overdrive.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM