Page 1 of 3
I'm not asking who is the greatest guitarist.. I'm asking who is the best guitarist technically speaking, in terms of speed, economics etc.
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.
Considering all of your requirements, I'm gonna have to say... Tom DeLonge.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
umm jesus..?
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Tom DeLonge wtf.. hell no, hes just as good as billie joe,, i would say synyster gates is pretty good but defenetly not the best
Quote by To The End
Tom DeLonge wtf.. hell no, hes just as good as billie joe,, i would say synyster gates is pretty good but defenetly not the best

Ever heard of sarcasm?
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
In technical terms then I would have to say Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Yngwie Malmsteen, Buckethead etc.
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
mattrach for age imo. But petrucci.... Stream of Conciousness solo....
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I'd say Joe Satriani for his pure talent, music theory knowledge, speed, precision, and passion. That's just me though.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Guys... he didn't talk about emotion/goodness/etc.

He talked about best technically

I'd say Billie Joe from Green Day... He just doesn't let it show! ( kidding... huge sarcasm! )
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by Blow Up Your TV
Is no one going to say Santana?

Technically speaking, not how emotional and good they are.
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Pure technicality? John Petrucci. I dislike DT, but holy hell, can that guy play.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
John Petrucci in In The Name of God = sex.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
FRED DURRZT!!!

Yeah.. But no.

Batio, Becker was pretty wicked. Gilbert has always been a favorite of mine.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
well malmsteen sucks ass but i spose he has good technique
satriani is both good and has good technique
angus young is simply the best
bb king is as his last name suggests
and i am teh pwnz0r1111one
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Theres hundreds of answers to 'best', even in the technical realm, and arguing over who is the best guitarist in pure skill is like arguing over who is the best painter in pure skill. Its an art form, not a ****ing sport. Theres no 'best' to attain because if you are treating guitar as a skill to excel in and not a medium of expression, you are not a musician in any sense of the word.
Al Di Meola or John Patrucci, and I'm pretty sure Patrucci sold his soul for that tone, it's like...unattainable for a mere mortal.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Theres hundreds of answers to 'best', even in the technical realm, and arguing over who is the best guitarist in pure skill is like arguing over who is the best painter in pure skill. Its an art form, not a ****ing sport. Theres no 'best' to attain because if you are treating guitar as a skill to excel in and not a medium of expression, you are not a musician in any sense of the word.

True, but I think it's just fun to say who you like. That seems to be the point of these kinds of threads, at least to me.

You are right though...even though the best painter is clearly Titian
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I'll have to go with Michael Angelo Batio too, he's just redicilous.. I mean how the hell can you play both right and left, and then mix it together..
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Gilbert or Petrucci at the moment, both of those guys are on the top of their game.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Rusty Cooley, Petrucci, Muhammed Suiçmez, Jeff Loomis, A. J. Minette etc. many others just can't think of them
[url="http://www.myspace.com/luxterna91]...And Now The Descent
Quote by clincher09
"I like maceroni and cheese" "Yeah well it's not as good as Tool. Did I ever tell you guys about Tool? Lateralus is the best thing ever."
Opinion: Synyster Gates

Actaully: Vai, Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
jeff beck- Download the cover of drowning in my own tears by him to see what i mean great technical ability
Herman Li/ Sam Totman
Even though Dragonforce DOES get a little boring...
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Quote by yM.Samurai
Herman Li/ Sam Totman
Even though Dragonforce DOES get a little boring...

How are they supposed to compare to John Petrucci?
Page 1 of 3