Page 1 of 6
first off, no, this is not some "i hate emo kids" thread... i actually liked the so called "movement"... (i like the underground concerts... calm down)

alright, anyway, i seem to be seeing a lot less emo kids now... like last year, i swear around 30%-ish of my school was emo... now, its like 30 kids... and i hardly see them in public...

so, whats the emo scene like where you are? and do you think its dying out?

EDIT:
alright, and if you think it is dying out... what do you think will be the next fad?
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Sep 10, 2007,
I never really noticed it too much. We used to have a lot that hung out at this one place nearby, and they were always kinda dicks, but that was years ago. They don't bug me at all. I feel bad for em then kids pick on them for being different. I see a couple occasionally, but it was never really like an "epidemic".
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
... i can only hope so

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by theLowEnd
The ninjas are starting to wipe them out of existence

yeah ninjas FTW!!!
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Emo's not dying, it's evolving into something more manly, yet equally annoying. Metalcore.

Soon, your school's halls will be filled with people wearing Greta Knights, Trivium, and Lamb Of God T-Shirts. These will be the exact same kids, but you will have noticed that they have learned to appreciate the benefits of weight-lifting, long hair, and testosterone.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
But I'm gonna miss my emo chicks!!!!
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
thank god...maybe the music will go away along with it...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
If we're all lucky. You rarely see emo kids here, theyre too afraid the massive amounts of gung-ho idiot Marines in this town will ravage them or something. Hopefully the next trend will be manlier.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
No, because they never cut deep enough.

Just kidding.

On a serious note, I do think emo in it's own right will always have a fanbase, but fashion emo certainly seems to be less prevalent where I am.
A more manly trend would probably lead to more wannabe tuff ****s who try to start fights hanging out and being jerks. At least emo's don't try **** with other peoples universes, although certain emos take it too far fashionwise. Whatever, im gon get some candy.
Quote by face_haver
A more manly trend would probably lead to more wannabe tuff ****s who try to start fights hanging out and being jerks. At least emo's don't try **** with other peoples universes, although certain emos take it too far fashionwise. Whatever, im gon get some candy.

perfectly said.
emo kids usually just mind their own ****, and are really really ****ing friendly... although hardcore kids are usually little fat nine year olds that you wanna beat in the head with their very own bc rich warlock...

or something like that.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
like last year, i swear around 30%-ish of my school was emo... now, its like 30 kids... and i hardly see them in public...

have you ever considered there may be 100 students in ur school? u shuld take the time and count them, maybe its just an illusion and they are immortal without the ability to reproduce?
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
first off, no, this is not some "i hate emo kids" thread... i actually liked the so called "movement"... (i like the underground concerts... calm down)

alright, anyway, i seem to be seeing a lot less emo kids now... like last year, i swear around 30%-ish of my school was emo... now, its like 30 kids... and i hardly see them in public...

EDIT:
alright, and if you think it is dying out... what do you think will be the next fad?

The only Emo scene that's dying is the one that should've never been around anyways. The kids wearing black and girl jeans and the Emo swoop haircuts and the Hardcore band t-shirts...that ****'s not a real Emo scene. That's just...something terrible. It's not real.

There really was no Emo culture. Just normal people who listened to the music. Then it was swallowed by the Screamo culture, and thanks to that, the Screamo/Hardcore scene is the one that's labeled as Emo.
Poor advice.
Quote by Jakester
have you ever considered there may be 100 students in ur school? u shuld take the time and count them, maybe its just an illusion and they are immortal without the ability to reproduce?

, i was waiting for someone to say that...

there are more than 4,000 kids at my school!
Emo has been dead since the late 90's earlier 00's. What you are seeing is a bunch of scene kids who jumped on to a culture that was an imitation of it's predecessors and now are realizing that everyone knows about their super hip underground music and are now moving on to their own musical taste and deciding what they like on their own. Emo had it's roots in the right place but when crappy scene band after crappy scene band keeps coming out saying they are emo, it gets old fast. The majority of the kids going around calling themselves emo have no clue what they are talking about and think any emotional band is emo. It's stupid kids like that who ruin what was left of a once awesome and thriving genre of music. Emo is a genre, not clothing or the way someone looks.
/thread
the only reason it looks like its dying out is because they realized how stupid it all is and the stereo types they have to put up with. they still dress up like halloween when they go to shows, they just tone it down in the everyday world so they dont have to put up with the BS from people at school and what not. trust me, its still there.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
When I drive by any high school I see a lot. Ive seen one at my daughters elementary school.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Emo has been dead since the late 90's earlier 00's. What you are seeing is a bunch of scene kids who jumped on to a culture that was an imitation of it's predecessors and now are realizing that everyone knows about their super hip underground music and are now moving on to their own musical taste and deciding what they like on their own. Emo had it's roots in the right place but when crappy scene band after crappy scene band keeps coming out saying they are emo, it gets old fast. The majority of the kids going around calling themselves emo have no clue what they are talking about and think any emotional band is emo. It's stupid kids like that who ruin what was left of a once awesome and thriving genre of music. Emo is a genre, not clothing or the way someone looks.
/thread

goddamn, i hate answers like this. **** rites of spring and that ****. yeah technically that was the real emo, but emo is not dead, its just very different, and turned from emotive rock into something else intirely. kind of like how the beatles, led zeppelin, rhcp, and anyother popular band is technically *pop*.
Definately seeing a lot less emo kids around, last year they were everywhere..
I don't really mind them anyways as long as they're just minding their own business and not going to over the top with the hair n clothes and stuff..
And I've got a feelin rocks comin back, long hair u kno
HI
Quote by waldorphPRS41
/thread

lol you said emo
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
/thread

Also this guy/girl sounds like a such a wanker, get over yourself.
HI
Luckily, I'm out of high school, and live in the core of the city, where all the styles are prevalent. I don't see an Emo kid everywhere I look. I see an Emo, a Punk, a Goth, a Gangsta, a -sigh- Juggalo, a metal-head, a raver, and all those who manage to defy description. We all seem to get along well enough, except for the gangstas, but who cares about them? They're in jail often enough, so it doesn't matter.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by FRDesign
yes, there was about 5 emo kids at my school now theres 2.

Emo never got big up here in Canada

lucky you

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
I'm sorry guys. I guess you want me to say good ol' St. Nicholas still comes to your house every Christmas and give you gifts.
It's dead. The word is so diluted that it doesn't mean anything anymore.

It's just like you telling someone who listens to real punk music that your favorite punk band is Green Day. They are just going to laugh at you and tell you to piss off. Now Green Day probably did have their influences in punk music but are not a punk band at all. Punk music is still alive and there are countless bands that are true punk bands but they aren't recognized by any mainstream media. Same thing with emo, there are still some bands who hold true to what it was but it's hard to come by. Bands like My Chemical Romance are not emo, but might be influenced by it. It's the same type of deal.
Last edited by waldorphPRS41 at Sep 10, 2007,
yeah well emo is crap but i used to go out with a pretty mint one...
i couldnt put up with her ****ing poems... emo is gay... so is the music...
Metallica is god, you're a boring sod!
I can't stand emo, so I hope it's on the way out...no offense to anyone who likes it or anything, but yeah, it needs to die now.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

EDIT:

Well it is tbh totally an American thing, even though the UK has it's own thing they are basically copying Americans from myspace.

Anyway, it's had a long run here. At college there seems to be more "scene" kids than ever.

The next big thing will be "nu rave" in the UK and is currently becoming that "thing" as we speak. It is ****ing **** and has basically nothing to do with dance music.
Quote by RockerPseudonym
Emo's not dying, it's evolving into something more manly, yet equally annoying. Metalcore.

Soon, your school's halls will be filled with people wearing Greta Knights, Trivium, and Lamb Of God T-Shirts. These will be the exact same kids, but you will have noticed that they have learned to appreciate the benefits of weight-lifting, long hair, and testosterone.

Yeah it's either this or nu rave next. Or both.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
oh, and please, no more of these kind of dumb comments.

god i hope its dying out.

seriously, all u emo defenders should shutup. Emos suck.
Hmmm.... I don't care about a fad that I don't like the music of. After all, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC! But, it seems to be dying a little bit.

I really wish the next fad is DEATH METAL!(that will get a lot of old schoolers out of their panties.)

By oldschoolers I mean Death, Vader, Mayhem lovers. OR, Black Metal Fad.

Bunch of kids walking around with Immortal and Emperor T-shirts.

Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Last edited by CarbonDeath at Sep 10, 2007,
"scene kids" killed the whole emo movement,

emo was ok cause at least they weren't fake, still kinda lame though, but nonetheless, they weren't doing it for the fashion.

so death to scene kids!

and may emo live long and prosper(way the **** away from me and my town.)

There's still quite a lot in my town but one of my neighboring towns is completely infested with them, it's unbelievable.
Can't get away from them in my town....

Seriously, every time you go into the centre, there are about 100 of the little ****ers gathered around, shrieking like banshees, chasing each other round, and generally acting like little ****s
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by josephhkim
i do very much hope so.

die emo! :-)

Stop saying this.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.