I thought I'd give submitting one of my crummy songs a shot on UG, so here it goes. I wrote this two months ago when I had just moved from Virginia to California and I was facing a large number of problems with my new life. I had left all my friends behind, left an unfinished on again/off again relationship behind with no closure, left my job and all the stuff I've known about my surroundings for 6 years behind, and had to face a totally different environment. I felt completely alone. So yeah...

Canvas of white
stretched across my life
Untouched and clean...
now smeared with red and greens,
to get me through the grayer things.
Touching me in every shade....
but how those colors seem to fade.

Now, I go alone,
with my colors gone.
Canvas of stone.
All my light unknown.

And as humans do,
I'll think of you,
To ease the pain,
and bury shame
All the wasted life, runs down my spine,
and my inner spite, breaks me inside.

And as wise men say, I'll die that way
And the reds will rust,
as all turns to dust,
and as it turns to grey,
In peace I'll stay.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
bump? is it that bad?
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Quote by S&L RULES
Bumping Your Piece.
‘Bumping’ is when you pointlessly make a post in your own thread in order to push it to the top of the queue. This is currently a big problem, and thus we will are cracking down on it. Basically don’t do it, just critique someone else and they will bump it for you with a critique. You can answer questions but bumping every other post will result in a warning. This also goes for double posting. Bumping your piece after 3 other replies is the limit, unless you are answering a direct question, failing to adhere to this results in an instant warning.

In addition to this, there will be from this point an instant warning for anyone who bumps their piece by deleting a previous reply and reposting an exact copy in its place, so as to bump the piece, but make it appear as though nothing has change. You can't get away with this, I see everything! This is a pet hate of mine, I will not let it slide.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=7

( That's why he reported you... don't bump )

---EDIT---
I put in evidence an easy way to get your thread/song seen by a lot of people without bumping... + if you comment theirs and they comment yours, everybody's happy!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!