I'd just like suggestion on a good amp for playing 80's glam/metal in the veins of bands like, Motley Crue, RATT, Poison, Danger Danger etc..

All suggestions are welcome
JCM 800 or JCM 900
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Jeh, I'd also say JCM800. I play mostly mötley kinda stuff and I own a JCM900 SL-X... I really want the 800 aswell...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Yeah, and to get that awesome solo tone a'la Mick Mars or Andy Timmons you add a Boss OD2 right :P
marshall jubilee or dual channel JCM 800
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

A Peavey Windosor will do a pretty good job of nailing those tones too, and it's a bit easier to find than a JCM 800
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah thats what I was thinking, it's 100% ideal for that sound.

I loooooove the windsor!
There is an older discontinued Laney amp that nailed the tomes perfectly too....(cant remember the model of the amp) but also JCM800 is pretty much the standard.
Kramer Baretta I > Marshall JCM800.

Rest assured, that if you are as lucky as me, and can afford such a setup, you have that tone in yer pocket.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.