k iv been earning a fair amount of money recently ( well fair for me $250 )
and i cant decide between these two guitars

1) dean vendetta xm
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-XM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512150

2) Agile AL-2000 w/Floyd Rose
http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000floyd.html

wich one do you guys think i should get
(PS. im open to new sudjestions under $250)

thanks in advance
The Dean looks pretty dodgy to me, don't get it without trying it first. As for the Agile, it looks nice, but the trem is most likely garbage. You're not going to get a guitar with a good Floyd for anywhere close to $250, so it's not worth it.

On a side note, what amp do you have, and what is your current guitar?
well im geting a new amp soon so that doesent matter
but as for the guitar i have its a 3d hand junky yamaha ( se150 before anyone asks )
guitar looks pretty good but im looking for something with either a floyd or some other type of whammy

(ps. amp is probly going to be a vox da5 )

and yes i am a bedroom musician
I think the Agile looks pretty cool.

All the Ibanez n00bs will instantly say any trem that's not "Original Floyd Rose" or "Lo Pro" is crappy without ever having used it.

I dig the looks of LPs with a floyd rose and Agile are supposed to be really good guitars.
rondomusic.net has some new stuff in. Several Douglas brand guitars with FR trems. They have some really cool looking Douglas guitars w/o trems too.
Quote by iamthemagic1
guitar looks pretty good but im looking for something with either a floyd or some other type of whammy

(ps. amp is probly going to be a vox da5 )

and yes i am a bedroom musician

You aren't going to get anything with a decent Floyd type trem for your budget...anything you find will be made of cheap materials and crap out on you. GO for a fixed bridge, as a vintage trem isn't going to be able to handle the kind of abuse you're going to want to hurl at it.

Just do put it into perspective, this is a Schaller Floyd Rose copy, quality-wise it's not far from an Original...it alone costs more than the guitars you're looking at.

http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridges-locking-tremolos-sb-0290-003,Product.asp
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have to agree with SSeagull. At that price point it may be unwise to consider LFR's. A hard-tail Agile LP is probably a good axe. The Dean sounds like a piece of ****. I have not played either. The Schaller's and Kahler LFR's tend to be better than the generic copies. I would not trust either without extensive research AND playing.
look at the new kramer strikers at musicyo.com (i think thats the site) those have some nice pickups, and surprisingly nice floyd roses, and they run about 280-300 i think. an extremely nice axe for the money, i played a couple the other day, i was looking into buying one.
agile :thumbs up:

im just about to click THE button on one of those sx guitars... not saying which one but ill post pics soon enough haha
Try a washburn X10: only $200 and they're great if you like rock / blues / metal

and when you look for an amp: buy a used one
the agile is a starter with an even worse starter floyd.

there is no way it will stay in tune for u.

the dean is nice but a guitar worth half the price because it is half the price.

if u must have some sort of trem, i suggest a washburn, or a yamaha pacifica 112J.

if i was buying tho, i would get a TOM bridge AND a TREm or wah pedal to wank on while i played.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the dean feels liek its hollow, its so freaking light
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
a TOM on a starter is a good way to go, imo.

that agile 2000 is a good starter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yeah^^ sorry, i just meant that u will usually want the most stable bridge possible when getting a starter guitar. a trem bridge just adds one more thing that can cause the guitar to fall out of tune.

imo, until you start talking about $300-400 guitars, you arent usually in the intermediate guitar range. and even then i still wouldnt recommend a Floyd.

a cheap floyd is probably the worst thing u can have on a guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^ they could be an option

however, a floyd is hard to get used to (setting up-wise) and not a great idea if you're fairly new to the whole thing

go for a tune o matic or something and get a decent quality guitar
My Agile turned out to be very very high quality, but it has a standard stop tailpiece bridge.

k well my old guitar ( crapy ) does have some type of trem
so do you think it would be much harder to get used to the floyd

(ps. il post pics of my guitar later )
it's not getting used to the floyd that's the problem.

it's the fact that, almost all floyds on low end guitars are sub par. they break and make it impossible for the guitar to hold its tune.

ok

just get what you want. its ur guitar anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Save up till you have like 600 dollars if you want something with a half decent floyd
Quote by Hayzed
Save up till you have like 600 dollars if you want something with a half decent floyd

Quote by FacingUsAll

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^haha, yes yes i see it! it's not invisible!

can u do something about those headstocks? *cringes*

also, i cant find the body's wood.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
^haha, yes yes i see it! it's not invisible!

can u do something about those headstocks? *cringes*

also, i cant find the body's wood.

I think the headstock doubles as a bottle opener.

I believe the body is made out of dead cats (aka I can't find it either. The cheaper Discovery series guitars are made of basswood, so I'm gonna say basswood ).
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
I think the headstock doubles as a bottle opener.

I believe the body is made out of dead cats

haha i should sig that
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

You have a place in my sig! It's about time I returned the favor
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by steven seagull
You aren't going to get anything with a decent Floyd type trem for your budget...anything you find will be made of cheap materials and crap out on you. GO for a fixed bridge, as a vintage trem isn't going to be able to handle the kind of abuse you're going to want to hurl at it.

Just do put it into perspective, this is a Schaller Floyd Rose copy, quality-wise it's not far from an Original...it alone costs more than the guitars you're looking at.

http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridges-locking-tremolos-sb-0290-003,Product.asp

WTF? Thats more than an OFR?
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.