I am going to get a Boss BR-600 very soon and was wondering if there was anything I should know about it or if there are any better digital recorders in the same sort of price range.

Thanks in advance.
The boss units look nice...have you thought about a computer multitrack software instead?...I only ask because they are better for editing ones songs after recorded.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
I'm thinking of getting either the BR600 or the Fostex MR8.

Any advice which way to go?
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by D_Vincent
The boss units look nice...have you thought about a computer multitrack software instead?...I only ask because they are better for editing ones songs after recorded.

Hmmmmm, how would I actually record on to the computer? Hook a mic into the line-in?

EDIT: BTW, how did you record the stuff on your dmusic? Through the computer?
Last edited by cash49 at Sep 10, 2007,
you could record directly through sound card however there maybe quality or latency issues...you will need an interface like m audio fast track or toneport and the list goes on...fast track is around $100.

I actually recorded on my Korg D4 and then added real drum loops from mixcraft 3 multitrack...im selling my korg now that I bought mixcraft 3 for $49.95 and in the future am recording directly using m audio fast track

You try mixcraft for free (it doesnt supprt midi yet though)...if you like recording with it then i would buy it...make sure all programs and internet windows are closed when using mixcraft...mixcraft also has a support forum.

Screenshot and Link to mixcraft 3...TRY NOW is free trial.
http://1000watts.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=mr&action=display&thread=1177038701

Click Here
Quote by g1asseye
I'm thinking of getting either the BR600 or the Fostex MR8.

Any advice which way to go?

BR600 is much better than that MR8
but yea for editing tracks after recording its best to use a computer recording setup.

or if you have the money...and this is what im saving up for:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-FW1884-FireWire-Controller-AudioMIDI-Interface?sku=240703

its a nice unit for its price though...

back on topic...
see my sig for MTR guidelines on what to get and look for.
Quote by D_Vincent
you could record directly through sound card however there maybe quality or latency issues...you will need an interface like m audio fast track or toneport and the list goes on...fast track is around $100.

I actually recorded on my Korg D4 and then added real drum loops from mixcraft 3 multitrack...im selling my korg now that I bought mixcraft 3 for $49.95 and in the future am recording directly using m audio fast track

You try mixcraft for free (it doesnt supprt midi yet though)...if you like recording with it then i would buy it...make sure all programs and internet windows are closed when using mixcraft...mixcraft also has a support forum.

Screenshot and Link to mixcraft 3...TRY NOW is free trial.
http://1000watts.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=mr&action=display&thread=1177038701

Why did you sell your Korg D4 and buy the M Audio Fast Track? What's wrong with the Korg? Is the M Audio Fast Track better?
Im selling the Korg D4 multitrack recorder because I dont need it anymore...I bought an interface (m audio fast track) to record on the puter.

Korg D4 and m audio fast track are 2 different things

I kind of wish I knew about mixcraft before I bought my Korg D4 because i would of saved a lot of money...mixcraft is a good program...try it out for sure...you just need an interface.

here is m audio fast track however there are other choices to buy.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=m+audio+fast+track&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Click Here
Cool, thanks for the info.

Also, does anyone know if I can put mp3/wav backing tracks from my computer onto the BR-600 and record over them?

Thanks.