Well I just traded my Boss GT-6 to my friend for his Jackson RR3 ( Good deal on my end I know ) and I want to start getting back into guitar. I currently have a Fender "Ultimate Chorus" amp and although its great for clean tones, it doesn;t really cut it for me in the dirty/ heavily distorted area, it sounds extremely muffled and I hate muffled distortion. My friend had a Line 6 Cabinet, and sperate Line 6 head, and it had a great distorted sound, and alot of clean bass that made the distortion sound great. My limit would kinda be close to $700 I guess.

EDIT: Sorry, I know I could just go for the exact one like my friends, I would also like other suggestions until I can go out and test them.
Last edited by XxNitr0xX at Sep 10, 2007,
i got a line 6 spider 2 and i love it...killer heavy sounds and some decent clean tones too
^ *senses heavy flaming coming*

you could do better than a Spider with that budget. A LOT better! Try going tube. I heard good thing about B-52 amps and the Randall RG50TC for metal.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
well, i have a line 6 spider III 75, awesome metal tones for an SS. I would suggest trying b4 buying tho, because it seems everyone hates them, as much as MGs im guessing, although i rather like mine....
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
for $700 i'd check ebay for a peavey 5150 for metal, or a mesa boogie dc-5 which can do anything.
+1 for 5150/6505 more gain than youll ever need...

also try checking a laney gh100, love it!

grab yer guitar and horde the guitar shops now dude... its fun, bring friends along.
line 6 spider... *shivers*

oh! get a metalzone!
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

+2

If you don't mind going used, try searching ebay for a used 5150. Cant really go much wrong with that for metal. Its sort of the industry standard.

And no, dont get a Metalzone. Trust me. Sounds like a box of bees through the wrong amp. You wouldn't even need it if you're getting the 5150.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Alright cool, thanks for all of the fast replies..I'm going to hit up GC soon I just wanted some basic idea's...I'll reply again with some other models to get your guys opinions :-)

EDIT : My friend's Line 6 was a Spider II 412 cabinet, with the Spider III HD 150 Head (Which I found online for EXACTLY 700 )..is this still a bad set-up compared to everything else I could get for the money?
Last edited by XxNitr0xX at Sep 10, 2007,
Anything with Spider in the name is bad no matter how loud it gets.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I would reccomend going tube with that budget. Sure, you could get a SS halfstack, but is your penis really that small?

*dons asbestos suit*
Quote by Matt_Firebird
although awesome the valvetronix amps arent very good for metal so i hear

I have one, they're not. They have too much of that old school sound. Vox is coming out with some high-gain models though.
Try a marshall JCM 800 or 900 Combo for that price, you might just find one,
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!