Page 1 of 3
How often do you get reffered to as a girl?

In the last ~3 shifts at work, i've been called a girl/miss/her a few times. It's getting quiet annoying. It's when they see me from front on they realise. My hair isnt that long, heres some pics from the weekend which give a good indication of it.

So dudes with long hair, does it happen often to you? Do you get used to it?
I don't really get mistaken but people say it to me on purpose, and yes, it does get annoying.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
well it happens sometimes when people want to take the piss outta me.

check my profile to see my hair length.
It has gotten abit longer than that actually.

But yeah,they say that usually to take the piss outta me.
I once made this mistake... It was more embarrassing for them than me though, meh.
Maybe you should get a haircut.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
I have the same shirt and my hair is about 2-3 times the length of yours. I'm about 6'4 and have a goatee/massive sideburns. When I'm 'mistaken' for a girl, it's usually jokingly by close friends but a headlock normally sorts them.

So, no, I don't actually get it from unsuspecting public or anything.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
It bugs me, but meh...only happens every so often.

Most of the times it's by old people too...I guess the think I'm some darned hippy wierdo or something...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Wow UG is bogan city
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by greety
I have the same shirt and my hair is about 2-3 times the length of yours. I'm about 6'4 and have a goatee/massive sideburns. When I'm 'mistaken' for a girl, it's usually jokingly by close friends but a headlock normally sorts them.

So, no, I don't actually get it from unsuspecting public or anything.

did you get it at the pantera tribute gig the other week?

Wish I was taller. And I can't grow anything on my face. mainly just bumfluff. one day.....
The first thing that I thought is, coopers is for fags.

Drink something else. I myself am partial to Extra Drys.. haha.

Quote by nitro.vo
did you get it at the pantera tribute gig the other week?

Wish I was taller. And I can't grow anything on my face. mainly just bumfluff. one day.....

A few weeks after Dimes death a guy was selling them for 10 bucks out of melbourne so I just ordered one.
Quote by greety

Tooheys is the bestest .
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by greety

A few weeks after Dimes death a guy was selling them for 10 bucks out of melbourne so I just ordered one.

yeah ive got a case of Extra dry behind me. but I was at a party where those pics were taken. I got my shirt for $5, but paid $10 coz all profits were being donated to the dimebag memorial statue in Texas.
Quote by nitro.vo
yeah ive got a case of Extra dry behind me. but I was at a party where those pics were taken. I got my shirt for $5, but paid $10 coz all profits were being donated to the dimebag memorial statue in Texas.

Nice.

Hmm, all in all, though, the point of the thread, your hair is nowhere near long enough to be confused for a girl unless people are just taking the piss trying to be funny.

Where do you work? I assume it's a place with a unisex uniform then so there's no differentiation.

Damn it, I'm getting a Extra Dry Plat now. Thanks UG.
thanks jilax, ive been through the emo comments before. Hell, my fringe just automcatially falls to one side. Pisses me off.

I work at go-lo so yeah we all wear the same shirts. Customers see me from behind, so they dont see my face at first. When they do some are apologetic. others just shrug it off.
i've been mistaken for a guy...a lot of times
moreso before i got boobs though - god bless chesticles
I've only been mistaken by an adult a few times (probably because I'm 6'1" 200lb). However, I do get mistaken by kiddos all the time and the reactions from the parents are always priceless, especially when the kids ask me questions. "Why do you have long hair if you're a boy?", "How can you be a boy if you have long hair?", "Nuh uh, boys have short hair!" and my favorite kiddo who freaked out when he realized I wasn't a girl, "YOU'RE A MAN!!!" and hid behind his mother.

It doesn't really bother me.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

anyone else notice how there's a hand on the right side of the 2 pictures that's nearly exactly in the same position?
LTD DV8-R
Peavey Triple XXX
LTD EC-50
Yeah i've got longish hair but then again its grown into a 70's mullet and people jus think im trapped in a time warp rather than think i'm a girl :P
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
whos the bitch
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Back when I had long hair and worked in a supermarket I would get it at least 7 times per night. but now it's really short, so I only get mistaken for a woman twice per day, and only when I'm wearing a dress.
i work at target and i've had it only once
but i'm not small, and if i were a woman, i'd be one big bitch
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
I've never been mistaken for a girl.
But my friends have mentioned that I look like a girl from behind, with my hair down or in a pony tail.
Spiral Out
Every day, and it's equally hilarious and original every time.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Didn't really happen back when I had long hair, I like it better short anyway though.
I've never had it. My hair's been long for a few years now. I'm assuming it's the facial hair that does it. If you have full on sideburns, or just a goatee, no-one's really going to get confused.
I dye my hair bright red quite frequently now. When the colour fades, my hair goes a pale pink. Even with pale pink hair, I'm not accused of being a woman.
In short, facial hair is the way forward.
Quote by greety

are you serious? extra dry is just piss on a budget. coopers make some of the best ales you'll ever have, especially their sparkling ale.
Been a while. Beard, muscle and being a man, not a kid might help.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
I get called a girl because I act like one, not because I have long hair.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Page 1 of 3