I'm keen to give it a go. Anybody built any? What did you build? What processor did you use? etc... Tell me anything interesting about the topic!

The Atmel AVR DSP chips look pretty cool, anybody used those?
The AVR DSP chips? They're microprocessors designed with digital signal processing applications in mind, so they have lots of A/D and D/A converters and fancy vector processing features for processing lots of data really quickly.
^does it lag/freeze like computer? lol i googled it so i understand now.

it says its used a lot with digital effects such as pitch shifters. iono, but i think theres gonna be lots of thinking and stuff involved in this. pain to make one. or, just spend $200 and buy a pitch shifter.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Haha well I'm a programmer by trade so it's more of a fun project really..
^cool. i guess go for it? and report back if u get it to work pretty chill!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Head over to www.diystompboxes.com, they've got a whole forum dedicated to digital effects. I'm afraid it's a tad over my head at the moment, I'm working my way up there though
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Thanks! Someone on another forum pointed me in that direction a minute ago. Great resource.
Quote by snarez
Thanks! Someone on another forum pointed me in that direction a minute ago. Great resource.

It sure is. As somebody once put it, "A lot of guys over there have forgotten more than I'll ever know"
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."