i need a new amp, as my kustom amp sounds like **** playing punk music. i listen to everything from pop-punk to classic punk to ska-punk.... whats a good amp with a price of about 300 or 400?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Ibanez Toneblaster. They're good for basically any kind of rock, and they are relatively inexpensive.
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
id say a small tube amp, maybe a blues junior or that new small fender and a boss ds-1 or maybe a sovtek big muff if you like over the top distortion/fuzz.
A Blues Junior is probably a good idea, or if you can stretch the budget a bit more, something like a Blues Deluxe or an Orange Tiny Terror.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
for punk? hell a 60 quid solid state would do the job judging by the ****e that most punk guitarists spit out.
Quote by 3nemy
for punk? hell a 60 quid solid state would do the job judging by the ****e that most punk guitarists spit out.

hah

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
go to a pawn shop and buy the highest wattage solid state amp, take it home, turn all the knobs to 10. play for about 25 min, and wait for the cops. your neighbors iwll hate you
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
go to a pawn shop and buy the highest wattage solid state amp, take it home, turn all the knobs to 10. play for about 25 min, and wait for the cops. your neighbors iwll hate you

u obviously know nothing of punk if ur tellin him to turn the knobs all the way up to ten.
there are many punk bands with great musicians just like any other type of music.
anyway i have a vox vt 50 and its good and it fits in ur price range..
maybe u should post this in the punk forum..
you wont get flamed there
my amps a gibson classic gold 370 watt amp and it has two channels and I personally believe it sounds good with anything (I cant play anything but the person I bought it from played lots with it to show me it worked good (reason I cant is because im still in the learning process) but I never have seen another amp like mine anywhere online or anything)
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by hooligan07
u obviously know nothing of punk if ur tellin him to turn the knobs all the way up to ten.
there are many punk bands with great musicians just like any other type of music.
anyway i have a vox vt 50 and its good and it fits in ur price range..
maybe u should post this in the punk forum..
you wont get flamed there

ok thats cool. im not going to argue. im just saying that punk doesnt require good tone. just good stage presence. punk is more about the attitude then the music. hammer at power chords, and go on long rants aobut how this country sucks. i listen to alot of local punk. i am very active in the small music scene we have here. i listen to a bit of bigger punk bands (Dead Kennedys, black flag, social D, ramones). none of which have really good tone. just loud amps because tehy dont really care

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
when you say punk tone you mean sex pistols or misfits

some punk tones are just, amps COMPLETELY cranked (yeah, they just turned everything up to 10)

i'd say an ad series vox
Quote by ssguitar
ok thats cool. im not going to argue. im just saying that punk doesnt require good tone. just good stage presence. punk is more about the attitude then the music. hammer at power chords, and go on long rants aobut how this country sucks. i listen to alot of local punk. i am very active in the small music scene we have here. i listen to a bit of bigger punk bands (Dead Kennedys, black flag, social D, ramones). none of which have really good tone. just loud amps because tehy dont really care

Dead Kennedys have fantastic tone...but then I guess it's all subjective...
^ yea tone is. i just prefer the tone of clapton, and mayer. i like the way they present themselves more than their music (dead kennedys)

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
well u are probably thinking of anarchist punk or something if ur talkin about how they go on long rants about how our country sucks and how they have horrible tone..
i listen to a band called the templars and they have great tones and deff dont sing about how crappy this country is

and i dont think theres many punk bands with their gain cranked past 5 or 6.
i think you should get something like a Vox valvetronix and crank the AC30TB setting or if you have more money, an actual vox AC30.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by blind nate
the templars? nazi band arent they?

and yea.. i dig the punk **** too

the templars are a skinhead band but are not rascist..
they have two black members so i dont think they can pull the nazi thing off..
well i brought them up to sorta try and explain that there are good punk bands with really talented people..i get tired of people always bashing all punk when they have only heard a few songs or bands.

but yeah vox is real good
Quote by hooligan07
the templars are a skinhead band but are not rascist..
they have two black members so i dont think they can pull the nazi thing off..
well i brought them up to sorta try and explain that there are good punk bands with really talented people..i get tired of people always bashing all punk when they have only heard a few songs or bands.

but yeah vox is real good

ahh cool.. just thought i remembered one of their songs on a skinz n pinz album something about sitting next to a *racial explicitive* on an airplane or something... haha i guess not

yea, i hate it when people bash on punk too, especially when they think nickleback and 3 doors down are the greatest bands of the day...

i love that old school oi too... just too much of it is repititive and whatnot though. gotta say blitz and the business are my favorites. the vid for "newage" gives me the chills (in a good way) everytime i watch it.

skins man... id probably fit in with them better than any other "scene" EVER.... love that ****.
ha i love that song man..
great band..
i think that song is lies or somethin from horns of hattin..
the templars are ****in great and so are the business..
i've grown out of a lot of oi but the templars are always gonna be my favs and i totally agree with with u about the three doors down comment
ps i think he says some bum sat next to me or somethin
Last edited by hooligan07 at Sep 11, 2007,
my friends vox valvetronix(30 watts) is very versatile and i could get a really nice punk sound out of it that i liked.
it's funny how this thread is about "amps" but half of the posts aren't

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
I've a Laney HCM10,it seems really suitable for punk.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic