I am selling my Agile AD-2000 and looking for a replacement for it. I already have an LP (Agile AL-3000). I don't need an amp. And I will probably be putting Duncan pups in it (JB & 59).

It needs to be mahogany,
HH configuration,
Preferably no tremolo,
Price Range: $100 to $500.

I have looked at tons of guitars. So whatever anyone suggests, I have probably seen it. But that doesn't mean that I don't NEED opinions. Plus there may be a guitar out there that I haven't thought of, or didn't give enough attention.

HELP!

Thanks!
ive got a feeling this will be over budget but how about a jackson SLSMG? more of a metal guitar, if thats your thing it would be a good option
Dave,

That Jackson is nice but too expensive for me. Those are some damn SWEET inlays.

I already have a Floyd Rose guitar for metal.

I want this next guitar to be more for Classic and Southern Rock.
Michael Kelly Patriot Hot rod if you want to be a bit different...also there's the old stand-bys of the Epi Les Paul and the G-400. You could also look at a Washburn X-50 Pro, the Ibanez SZ series etc
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The washburns a real nice guitar

I just tried one of those last week and was impressed with it
can i ask why ur looking for another mahogany HH guitar if u have an agile 3000.
(and a floyd guitar of some type.)

because you're only spending $500 in a place where gear is overpriced.
you need to be careful not to collect too many intermediate guitars.

also, have you ever thought of single coils for this style of music?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The EPI G-400 is definitely on my list. The Washburn is HOT but out of my range. The SZs are on the list too.

Thanks!
why would you want a g400 if u have an agile 3000.

the g400 is the best of the lowest sg series.

i just dont understand.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
can i ask why ur looking for another mahogany HH guitar if u have an agile 3000.
(and a floyd guitar of some type.)

because you're only spending $500 in a place where gear is overpriced.
you need to be careful not to collect too many intermediate guitars.

also, have you ever thought of single coils for this style of music?

Hi JJ,

The reason I want another HH. The LP just isn't comfortable to play but it sounds so good I can't sell it. I keep trying to get used to it but can't. This is one of the reasons that I am selling the Agile AD-2000. I may sell the Agile LP after I get this next one. All of that is up in the air.

Oh yeah, the Floyd Rose Guitar is a Floyd Rose Brand guitar. Confusing ain't it LOL. It's a cool guitar too.

As for single coils. I have a few strats and a Squier 51. So I have that covered.

Thanks!
Oh.

Well definitely check out Michael Kelly Guitars in that price range.

Wayyyyyyyyyy better than any Epiphones that I've played.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ibanez RG321?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by jj1565
why would you want a g400 if u have an agile 3000.

the g400 is the best of the lowest sg series.

i just dont understand.

I play sitting down MOST of the time. And TO ME the LP is not comfortable to play in the sitting position. So part of the reason for getting another guitar is comfort. If I like the next guitar enough I may sell the Agile LP. Not sure about anything now.

Thanks again for your comments.
Cort M520 or better would be worth checking out.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Fender FMT Telecaster.
Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge, 59 in the neck, graphite nut, all mohogany body and neck, set neck, fixed bridge, string through body, coiltap.
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0262000561#

I got one used last year for 300 bucks. They're Korean made, but hey your budget isnt really allowing a USA made guitar and the Korean FMT's are no slouch.
Light as a feather, too.
Quote by Dirk Gently
PRS SE Custom

Duh. Yeah those, too...lol. I actually have a Santana SE and I'll put it up against any mid priced (600-1000) USA guitar.
I love these. Mine has the Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon/Jazz Bridge/neck combo and it really makes this guitar shine.
You can set these up (with the tremolo bridge) with the action super low. They should of made these nicer, though. Kinda bland looking.
Quote by vanzant38
I play sitting down MOST of the time. And TO ME the LP is not comfortable to play in the sitting position. So part of the reason for getting another guitar is comfort. If I like the next guitar enough I may sell the Agile LP. Not sure about anything now.

Thanks again for your comments.

oh ok, i got you now. funny thing is, ive got an EPI lp i didnt use either because it weighed too much for me to get comfy holding it.

i also have a shecter C1+ i like very much. it feels better than the LP but still a little heavy for me.

for something completely different, i think you might want to check out an HH telecaster like the FMT.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262

either way, good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Man you guys think the les pauls are uncomfortable! I think the complete opposite lol. The les paul is more comfy then the sg imo until you find the right balance sitting down. Or i could just be weird. And I could've got the schecter C1+ but liked the g400 better.. maybe because the c1+ was beat to hell tho, cause it was selling for 250 used.
The grass is always greener when it costs more than you plan to spend; trying not to go OVER budget here. Anyway some great suggestions. Thanks a bunch.

Some of my favs.

Ibanez RG321MH
Ibanez 2005 SZ320
Ibanez SZ320EX
Michael Kelly Valor Flame
Fender Custom Telecaster® FMT HH
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Electric Guitar
shecter C-1k, there are several of these.
Gibson SG
ESP LTD H-500 Electric Guitar with Duncan Pickups

One thing confuses me. The Fender FMT HH has Duncans on the Fender site and Fender PUPS on the MF site. Are there 2 versions of this guitar.

Love the Ibanez SZ. Its got almost everything. Love the scale of 25.1 inches.

The C-1s on the Schecter side are sweet too. At first I was leaning to the Artist Edition with the Duncans but now I am back in the middle of the road.

One final choice is to not buy anything, since I am NOT guitar poor. I have several guitars. No expensive ones though. None worth more than $350. But abstinence is a still a choice.

---

If there are any other suggestions that would be helpful too.

Thanks Everybody!!!
Quote by yoyodunno
Man you guys think the les pauls are uncomfortable! I think the complete opposite lol. The les paul is more comfy then the sg imo until you find the right balance sitting down. Or i could just be weird. And I could've got the schecter C1+ but liked the g400 better.. maybe because the c1+ was beat to hell tho, cause it was selling for 250 used.

Just wondering, do you play your LP while sitting.

How's that Palomino V8 sound???

Thanks!
Quote by vanzant38
Just wondering, do you play your LP while sitting.

How's that Palomino V8 sound???

Thanks!

I don't have a les paul I have a g400, but i was saying that from all the les pauls i've played at the store, gibson or epiphone, I always felt comfortable playing. And it was always sitting down since they had no straps on the guitars at GC, but i don't know if it would break my back when standing up And btw the palomino sounds awesome, u would just need a good distortion pedal to play heavy metal.
Maybe a nice Minarik Lotus would suit you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgG6Vh2ZRHM
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
One thing confuses me. The Fender FMT HH has Duncans on the Fender site and Fender PUPS on the MF site. Are there 2 versions of this guitar.

Yep. The older models have the SD's. The new ones have the Fender pups
Ibanez SZ320EX

Best guitar you can get for those requirements...
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
I just love my Ibanez RG321MH...
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I'm sure that everyone knows the fun of racking your brain trying to pick a guitar. Oh what fun. Well I "think" that I have narrowed it down to a few Schecters and Ibanezes. Mainly the C-1s and the SZs. I'm still racking my brain and hoping that my guitar sells, if not then its off to eBay with it.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions everybody. They were and are a big help.