Just wanna say hi to everyone. I'm a brand new member to this site.
My name's Ant and I'm from Kent in England.

I'm a singer/songwriter (quite the novice though) and would like to get an idea of what my songs and lyrics sound like to others.

Has anyone got any advice or tips of how to enter lyric comps and where to write my songs on this site.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Well, hi Ant. I already explained in the competition on how to join it. To post your lyrics is easy. You just make a thread like this and post it in S+L. Song writing and lyrics. Please read the rules and the FAQ before posting. They are at the top of that forum, this way you'll avoid having your threads closed and being warned and/or banned.
theres forums for both of those things
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
just a warning dude, People on here tend to be well...total jerks. (assholes) haha. So, dont be offended really. There are alot of totally rude and immature kids and adults. so..just dont mind them. alot of us actually are helpful and will try to help you out though. so. welcome to UG. =)
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by XXm3t@lXX
just a warning dude, People on here tend to be well...total jerks. (assholes) haha. So, dont be offended really. There are alot of totally rude and immature kids and adults. so..just dont mind them. alot of us actually are helpful and will try to help you out though. so. welcome to UG. =)

And never take anyone serious on here!
You will hear and see the most strange/stupid/weird things on here but just... laugh about it... post some nasty reply (within UG-rules) and go on with your life
Quote by JvL
And never take anyone serious on here!
You will hear and see the most strange/stupid/weird things on here but just... laugh about it... post some nasty reply (within UG-rules) and go on with your life

exactly.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Hello Ant, check out the S&L forum and maybe the Riffs and Recordings forum too for UGers songs. Welcome to the site
oow forgot about this...
A lot of threads have titles like:

"New song, C4C"

The C4C thing means that they will also check your song/recording as long as you give feedback/comments about theirs (of course you have to post the link to your thread but that's obvious...) and actually... you won't get any feedback if you won't do this...
So... make a thread and crit as many songs as you can and post the link of your thread in all of them
Welcome To UG! One thing, read the stickied threads first if you did youd se theres a thread for introductions
LEAFS FOR CUP
Hey. If you go into the Pit, just make sure you have icy hot...everyone recommends it.

Just kidding

Welcome...enjoy your stay?