right for my s470, im looking for a set of humbuckers ( i filled the single coil in).
i like to play things like
the black dahlia murder.
atreyu.
alexisonfire.

pretty much any metalcore.
i love the emg81 but the 85's pretty crap imo, but if anyones got any suggestions maybe from, dimarzio seymour duncan etc. that would be greatly appreciated.
can you suggest some ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
before we go any further: upgrade your amp, you won't notice the tonal difference enough through a modelling amp to justify the £200 odd cash outlay, save it and get yourself a good amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well the guitar has none at the moment i'd rather get some decent pickups first so i can actualy play the thing, and then new amp later.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
My original point still stands: put the stocks back in and put the money into a good amp; a crap guitar through a good amp will sound better than a wonderful guitar through a crap amp.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
there are no stock ones , they dont exist, i bought a neck and body from ebay.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I agree with Zaphod, even though i suspect he's only trying to get you to buy his amp

If you still have the stocks just put them back, if you don't then get some Swinesheads...probably an X-Bucker for the bridge and a Runaway for the neck in your case.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

If you want to pay even less look at Irongear.

http://www.irongear.co.uk/

I don't know as much about them, but maybe a Steamhammer in the bridge and a Rolling mill in the neck....both manufacturers will be able to advise you a lot better than us lot though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 10, 2007,
ah...in that case look into bare knuckles, you're in England too so they'll be reasonably priced and they are awesome, go to the bare knuckle forum on their website for some recommendations.

Edit:

Quote by steven seagull
I agree with Zaphod, even though i suspect he's only trying to get you to buy his amp

Not this time, nobody wants it

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
ah...in that case look into bare knuckles, you're in England too so they'll be reasonably priced and they are awesome, go to the bare knuckle forum on their website for some recommendations.

Edit:

Not this time, nobody wants it

I'll buy it

Oh, wait, i already have one...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I'll buy it

Oh, wait, i already have one...

Don't mock me! I don't like it...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
ive looked into barenuckles theyre too expensive, im looking at spending about £150 for them both.
the swineshead x-bucker is nice though, cheers for that.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Dimarzio D Activator for the neck and X2N bridge?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX