Are there any out there? Basically what i want is to have slightly more crunch earlier on. I would like it to sound more trebely, More like a classic fender sounding amp.

Now by mods i mean anything which will help me achieve this, whether it be a tube change or physically replacing some of the components withing the circuit board.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

I was wondering if i could just take out some parts of an old fender circuit and re-wire my amp to have it the same way or something, you get the idea.

thanks
Bright switch for the trebliness?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
bright switch? that sounds interesting can you explain that please? thanks a lot
Quote by thellamaking
Isn't the 'Brilliance' switch a bright switch on the AC's?

I don't think the 15 has that.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
I don't think the 15 has that.

the "brilliance" switch is basically the early equivalent to the Top Boost channel. modern AC15s don't have them, but they do have the top boost channel i think.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
nope no brilliance switch but i do have the top boost, forget that i'll just build a bad monkey.

so what about tube replacement or something what kind of tubes should i be looking for to get nice warm overdrive sounds similiar to that of an old twin reverb. Or is there a way to just mod something else and save having to replace tubes?

thanks for your help so far
^ Build a Bad Monkey? I've never seen a schematic, if you want a good OD just build a Tubescreamer clone.

You could get high-gain preamp valves and power amp valves reputed for breaking up quickly. E-Mail watford valves and ask what the best high gain set of 12AX7s and early-breaking-up EL84 for use in an AC15 to allow faster breakup is. They'll be happy to help.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
would that maintain a vintage tone or would that then start to give me a modern sound, because a modern sound would kill an amp like that, i gotta keep it vintage.

thanks for your help
Well highgain preamp valves tend to add bass and gain, and break up quicker, and allow for more gain when maxed out. Poweramp valves that break up early will sound fine. They just break up sooner. Possibly a bit clearer.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I have been a working guitar amp tech for over 15 years and have performed hundreds of mods to many different types of amplifiers. The hi-gain mod I've come up with for the AC15 is a blistering, melt your face distortion and overall tone impovement mod. I think many players would find this the answer to what is lacking in this amp. It's also completely reversable with the flick of a switch or two (depending on exactly what mods you would like done). Improved dynamic response, tone control with harmonic mid shift and better sounding reverb are all extra benefits from my modification. I will be posting some audio clips of this mod on the internet soon. Contact me thruogh Ultimate Guitar if you are interested. Thanks!
Quote by 3nemy
Are there any out there? Basically what i want is to have slightly more crunch earlier on. I would like it to sound more trebely, More like a classic fender sounding amp.

Getting fender like cleans on a vox will be quite difficult without a big mod... Is this a modern AC15CC? (or whatever the new ones are called) or a mid '90s? Or whatever?

I've never modded one of the new breeds but some of the '80s-'90s voxs have awful build quality and will probably just need the **** components they put in them changed. It's not a fun repair though; I preferred working on a marshall dsl to a particular one I came across...

If you just want more treble and more break up then surely a treble booster/rangemaster clone would be best?... Works for Rory Gallagher/Brian May!

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details