EDIT: Ok guys, in case you want to join, the Sandwich Combination Research and Development Society group is up, check my profile

---------------------------------------------

Being the snack loving person that I am, I have encountered many sandwiches in my 16 years of living, and have tackled all the various shapes, sizes, tastes, combinations and various other factors that come into play when eating a sandwich.

Now, in my few years of experience, I have come to notice that there is one thing that will make any sandwich taste 3 times better, and that is...

Triangles!

I have no idea why but any sandwich will taste a lot better if you cut it into triangles as opposed to cutting it in the more common 'rectangle' shape most people have come to love.

I urge you to try this next time you make yourself a sandwich, maybe you will agree, maybe you will agree that I am crazy, I really would like to hear your opinions on this.

Discuss.
Last edited by crazykid3000 at Sep 10, 2007,
thats why supermarket sandwhiches come in Triangles. They taste pretty horrible so they must taste like crap if cut into rectangles!
Only rich people eat triangular sandwiches. Us poor folk prefer them to be rectangular.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Its an aerodynamics equation. When you slice a sandwich into triangles, it presses down on more sections of the bread, making it cradle the meat more closely. With more bread area mass (BAM!) pressed down, more meat (or whatever sandwich you have) flavor is achieved in smaller bites, giving the illusion of better flavor.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader
Its an aerodynamics equation. When you slice a sandwich into triangles, it presses down on more sections of the bread, making it cradle the meat more closely. With more bread area mass (BAM!) pressed down, more meat (or whatever sandwich you have) flavor is achieved in smaller bites, giving the illusion of better flavor.
Damn, you know your sandwiches
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, they're much better in triangles. If I only knew how they make the triangular bread, I'd probably be twice as big as I am now.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
I agree! plus, I find em easier to eat that way!

hey, maybe we should form a sandwich club?
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
Quote by element4433
Damn, you know your sandwiches

Hell yead dude, its the art form you can eat.
I like garlic koesher(sp) pickles. They make a good sandwich, a great sandwich
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by The Leader
Hell yead dude, its the art form you can eat.

Wow. Any more tips?

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
i wonder if even smaller triangles improve the flavour ......

or at what point the difficulty of eating small triangles overides the improvement in flavour

oooorrr iff...... i could do this for hours

try answering that one LEADER
they taste better when you didn't made em yourself

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
they taste better when you didn't made em yourself

I have to disagree, there is nothing more satisfying than eating a sandwich you made yourself unless it involves alcohol and hot girls
Quote by deathsquirrel
i'm more a barm cake person myself

ITS CALLED A 'BUN' FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
LOL @ BARM CAKE and BUN!

Quote by Bennetts_strat

YOU stop phailing.
Quote by crazykid3000
Being the snack loving person that I am, I have encountered many sandwiches in my 16 years of living, and have tackled all the various shapes, sizes, tastes, combinations and various other factors that come into play when eating a sandwich.

Now, in my few years of experience, I have come to notice that there is one thing that will make any sandwich taste 3 times better, and that is...

Triangles!

I have no idea why but any sandwich will taste a lot better if you cut it into triangles as opposed to cutting it in the more common 'rectangle' shape most people have come to love.

I urge you to try this next time you make yourself a sandwich, maybe you will agree, maybe you will agree that I am crazy, I really would like to hear your opinions on this.

Discuss.

TOTALLY AGREED.

Marks & Spencer really know how to make a mean sandwich, especially considering it's pre-prepared.
Quote by crazykid3000
I have to disagree, there is nothing more satisfying than eating a sandwich you made yourself unless it involves alcohol and hot girls

You sir have taste.

Someone make a sandwich group!!

I just ate a mean sandwich.

Whole meal bread filled with two slices of Waitrose Mature Cheddar and Mixed Vegetable Humuss.

Yeah I know my stuff.
Haven't we had this discussion before?
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by Kai-7
Wow. Any more tips?

*Ahem*

A true sandwich starts with bread selection. I rarely choose white bread, because like white people, its the devil incarnate. Pick a high quality bread, my personal favorites being Rye or Hawaiin (sp?) sweet bread (I mainly use this one for honey glazed ham sandwiches). From there, you must determine what you want.

Different combos:

Classic Peanut Butter and Jelly: Grape jelly has always worked the best. There is a secret though, that not many people know to maximize the flavor. Don't put both directly onto the bread; Instead, combine the PB and J in a bowl beforehand, and mix into a paste. Experiment a bit first, as you need a perfect ratio: One that cancels out the dryness of the PB, without losing the flavor of the nuts or make it too sweet. I prefer a 1.5:1 ratio, with the 1.5 being the grape jelly. For maximum results, you can also try toasting the bread before hand; Usually toasting can make any bread better, but with some specialty breads I would avoid it, unless you prefer crispness in bites.

Meat Sandwiches: Usually sure fire, but you can "overload" the sandwich, and then you just have a snack. Avoid combining deli ham and turkey, as they have a lot in common with preservatives and flavor. Roast beef is really great, but its really the star of the show, let it fly solo unless you really like the clash of different meat flavors.

Cheese Sandwiches: Grilling these is a must. Lightly toast your bread beforehand with a bit of butter rubbed on to let it sink it. Put 2-3 slices of selected cheese, mash together, and grill it until brown, or cheese is melted.

So now you have the substance, what goes with it? The 3rd most important thing on a sandwich is cheese (unless of course, you're making a grilled cheese sandwich). Like bread, you must select a quality cheese before you have a great sandwich. The best sandwiches utilize and cheese + bread harmony, or combining related flavors. Some of my favorite combos:

Rye + Pepper Jack/Provologne/Mozzarella
Honey Oat + Provologne
Straight Wheat + Monterey Jack (melted)

After cheese, next comes:

Toppings: Not the most essential part of the sandwich, but mainly the final tweaks that ties it all together. I avoid lettuce, unless its really fresh and crispy, because it really brings no flavor of its own to the sandwich; Its mainly added for those who just want a crunch in their bites, which can be remedied by the aforementioned method of lightly toasting the bread beforehand. The real classics, like tomatoes, pickles, onions, are usually bulletproof in terms of tying it all together, but I like to experiment with additional, non conventional toppings, like olives and whatnought (not the **** olives you get at subway). My favorite topping of all time is a bit of a toss up between bacon and beef jerky (I somewhat consider these toppings, but not all the time, since they can make sandwiches of their own). Avoid adding bacon or extra beef on top of Roast beef, as you are in danger of sandwich overload.

After toppings, the last thing I'm mentioning, but should be considered first is:

Sauce. The least respected add-on for a sandwich, the sauce can also be the most powerful addition, adding a subtle nuance that buffers between the meat and veggies. With lighter meats, any sauce can be used (no not ketchup, cretins), avoid lighter sauces like mayo if you are eating a darker meated sandwich, like a beef or a bacon based. Different of flavors of mustard are great with a ham base, mayo with turkey or chicken, and mustard of BBQ sauce with beef.

All that considered, here is my favorite sandwich recipe.

1. Rye bread, toasted for 20-30 seconds.
2. Add a very thin layer of spicey mustard
3. 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of turkey
4. Add 3 strips of bacon, cutting them in half is recommended for maximum surface area coverage.
5. Melt 1 slice of provologne cheese over the meat, microwave is ok.
6. Veggies: 2 tomato slices, 4 pickle slices, 2 minced olives, 3 onion rings uncooked, 1 sliced Jalapeno Pepper or green bell pepper (not a whole one), or alternatively a bit of banana pepper.
7. Optional: melt another slice of provologne on top of the veggies to keep them from falling out when you pick the thing up.
8. Cut into triangles
9. Eat, and then experience again about 12-18 hours later.

Thats about it, I do have a more vast and indepth vault of secrets, but I can't have everyone knowing them, can I?
Well, loads of people have suggested that a group be made, so I just made one quickly, its a bit sketchy at the minute, but I'll work on it later

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/sandwichclub/

Feel free to discuss the greatness of sandwiches
Quote by crazykid3000
Well, loads of people have suggested that a group be made, so I just made one quickly, its a bit sketchy at the minute, but I'll work on it later

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/sandwichclub/

Feel free to discuss the greatness of sandwiches

I demand an acronym!

How about...

The Sandich Combination Research and Development Society? SCRADS?
Quote by The Leader

You have just ruined my life.
^I like that better
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by The Leader
I demand an acronym!

How about...

The Sandich Combination Research and Development Society? SCRADS?

Ha, I like it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/scrads/

Sorted
I whole-heartedly agree, and ever since iv been old enough to make my own packed lunch/sammichs for lunch, I have rarely deviated from the triangle (I once made a circle for fun)
Chocy spread is the best. Not just a bit spread on the bread but literally half-a-jar on your bread.....
Quote by Moggan13
Chocy spread is the best. Not just a bit spread on the bread but literally half-a-jar on your bread.....

I have to agree as far as non-savory sandwiches go, unfortunately there aren't that many combinations you can do when it comes to non-savory.

Though a friend of mine used to frequently eat ham and jam sandwiches...
I'm like a japanese company, I like to squash my sandwich flat until its half its original thickness, but with the same amount of taste and flavor as if it weren't
hue
Quote by Jackolas
TOTALLY AGREED.

Marks & Spencer really know how to make a mean sandwich, especially considering it's pre-prepared.

oh they do.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
If my mother makes me another ham sandwich for lunch, I'm gonna jump off a cliff.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
If my mother makes me another ham sandwich for lunch, I'm gonna jump off a cliff.

Ha, you should join my group, The Leader put up the recipe for what looks like a dam tasty sandwich. Next time I have time on my hands I'm gonna make it coz it looks like it will take a while to make
My friend had some triangular bread today with crust all around the outside, which i found rather epic.