Yo, I've got a Marshall JCM900 4500 Hi-Gain Dual Reverb Head, from around the early 90's I believe; and a newish Marshall 1936 2x12 cab (I'll put some pics up in a bit if anyone's interested)

Unfortunately the amp's just too big for my needs so I'm planning on trading down to a Fender Blues Junior, or something similar in size

Anyone interested?

Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by yogurt_overdose at Sep 11, 2007,
How much? And Pics?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Around £400 for the both I reckon. That seem reasonable? I paid about £600 only a few months ago, and the head's just been looked over by a tech.

I'll just go take some pics now

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1123704_Head4.jpg.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1123703_Head3.jpg.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1123702_Head1.jpg.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1123701_CabPic.jpg.html
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by yogurt_overdose at Sep 10, 2007,
Down south, near Bournemouth

I'm left-handed
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
On the off chance you still have the JCM900 around early/mid october shoot us a PM and I might have some money and a will to spend
would you sell the marshall 1936 cab on its own? What speakers are in it?
Quote by zw44
would you sell the marshall 1936 cab on its own? What speakers are in it?

I don't see why not, I'd rather sell it all together but oh well.
I'd probably want around £180 for the cab and about £250 for the head.

No idea what speakers are in it, what ever the stock ones in the 1936 are.
I'll have a look around, see what I can find out

Edit: According to GAK, the speakers are 2 12" Celestion speakers. Hope that helps
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by yogurt_overdose at Sep 10, 2007,
AHHHHHH IF ONLY YOU WERE IN THE US ive been dying to get rid of my BJ and and have been dying for a high gain marshall AHHHHH
NOPE
I doubt it, but would you be interested in an Epi Valve Jr. combo as part-exchange? I'm interested in the JCM...I think. Is it one of the ones where you can half the power (so from 50w to 25w)?

Thanks,

Joel.
ah ok £180 for the cab was more than i was looking to spend.
I'm very interested in the Marshall head. Would you want to trade the head for my guitar that's currently on sale? Since your asking for £250 for it, it seems like a decent trade since my guitar was bought new last year for £550 and I'm asking currently £295 on UG at the moment.
Have a look and I hope we could get down to some agreement.
here's the link https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667080
Quote by Denthúl
I doubt it, but would you be interested in an Epi Valve Jr. combo as part-exchange? I'm interested in the JCM...I think. Is it one of the ones where you can half the power (so from 50w to 25w)?

Thanks,

Joel.

Yeah, that's the one.

What kinda deal would you give me?

Quote by Hemani Co
I'm very interested in the Marshall head. Would you want to trade the head for my guitar that's currently on sale? Since your asking for £250 for it, it seems like a decent trade since my guitar was bought new last year for £550 and I'm asking currently £295 on UG at the moment.
Have a look and I hope we could get down to some agreement.
here's the link https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667080

I'm left-handed, sorry
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Up to you, really. However much you'd be willing to knock off in trade for the VJ would be fine with me. They currently retail for £99 on GAK, so obviously I'd expect it to be a lot less than that
Are you after just the head, or head and cab?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
How about £350 and Your amp for them?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Hmm...sounds good

The only thing that may prove to be a problem is my inability to travel anywhere (I don't own a car). So, I have just a couple of questions for you:

Would you be able to send them via courier, and of course receive the Valve Jr. that way as well?

Would you accept PayPal? I can probably get one of my parents to write out a cheque if that's the only way possible, though (I don't have my own cheque book ).

And one not related to the above...is everything in good order? I trust that it is, but I like to make sure.
Only problem with a courier would be that it'd be extremely expensive as they both weigh quite a bit.

Both in good order. I bought them both last December I think and the cab was new then, and it's barely left the house since.
The head has just been looked over my an amp tech (cost me £60 for him to clean out the effects loop, bastard).

I'd probably prefer a cheque, what with the extortionate fees incurred with paypal
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Ah. I didn't think about the weight (I'm used to being able to drag my VJ around with one hand as if it were nothing much). Thing is, that would be the only way to get it here - according to Google Maps, you're about 265 miles from where I am

I do agree with you on PayPal's fees, they are a little silly. Not using it isn't much of a problem to me at all, I just prefer the safety it offers when I can take advantage of it

If you could find out roughly how much it would cost to send, then I'd still consider it provided it was still within my budget.
Had a look and the head weighs 18.8kg and the cab is 24.6kg.
According to DHL that'd be £30 for the head and £34 for the cab
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
...ouch...that's bloody expensive

I'll still think about it, but it will be less likely that I buy it... It sort of eats into my guitar fund a bit more than I'd like, and my current guitar is bordering on unplayable. I'll work out roughly how things would balance out if I bought them and post back in a few minutes.
Ok, well if we just call it £400 including postage if that helps
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Hm...I worked out how much I'd have left after a new guitar, and I'm afriad that it would not be enough. Normally, I'd just wait for the new guitar, but that's the priority at the moment.

Terribly sorry

Edit: I should've been able to tell you earlier, but I had forgotten to add in the fact that I owed some money for something else.

Again, I'm really sorry about that
Last edited by Denthúl at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by Denthúl
Hm...I worked out how much I'd have left after a new guitar, and I'm afriad that it would not be enough. Normally, I'd just wait for the new guitar, but that's the priority at the moment.

Terribly sorry

Edit: I should've been able to tell you earlier, but I had forgotten to add in the fact that I owed some money for something else.

Again, I'm really sorry about that

That's ok.

Anybody else interested?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
just curious would you be willing to ship to the US? id might be able to trade my Blues JR if it doesnt cost too much to ship or anything
NOPE
Might end up being quite a bit, it would cost £64 ($120) just to ship it within the UK. I'll have a look for a quote for you

Edit: I must be using a bad courier or something, because DHL say it'll cost over $500 to ship. That can't be right.

Any ideas of which one to go with?

Edit 2: Looked at a few more and the cheapest one I could find was still around $290 which seems ridiculous.
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by yogurt_overdose at Sep 11, 2007,
If no one buys this amp, ill give you 350 for both. Im an amp tech, and this is a fair price.
So, are you still up for the deal we worked out? If so, I can get the postal order sent out tomorrow or Saturday. And then probably the VJ sent out at the beginning of next week.
Last edited by Denthúl at Sep 13, 2007,
Yeah I am, just been round every guitar shop near me looking for a feckin Valve Junior, can't find 'em anywhere. I'll Pm you my address
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Okie dokie. I'll get to that now. Shame you couldn't find a VJ though

Sorry it took until now to get to doing this - I've been quite distracted this weekend.
Last edited by Denthúl at Sep 16, 2007,