I think it's a terrible waste of time for someone to go on stage and claim to sing while they actually mouth the words to something he/she has previously recorded (or even that might be doubtful). And it's a waste for the adoring fans who shell out tons of money to go see something that's fake.

And I ask out of ignorance, are any rap performances lip-synced?

This post was inspired off this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070910/ap_en_tv/mtv_awards

Discuss.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I think that if your going into music for your life, you should at least be able to perform live and not be able to I dunno dance and sing. Think if your going to a concert and the performer is going to lip-sync then you should atleast be notified.

As for rap, there was a 50 cent video out there somewhere, where he screwed up where he was at with his lip-sync and had to wait for the track.
I don't think rappers Lip-sync, I might be wrong.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If they can't write their own songs they can at least sing them.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
^Rappers write thie own songs
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
People pay to here live music. not lyp syncing. If anyone from the gigs ive been to did i'd be furious, i think its a really lazy thing to do, no matter what they say.
I don't think there's anything wrong with lipsyncing under certain circumstances.

If the person doesn't deny that he or she is lipsyncing, and also if the act isn't primarily based on music. Basically, if the audience knows the person is lipsyncing and the "singer" doesn't deny it, and the audience still enjoys it because of the dancing or whatever, then I don't think there's anything wrong.
Quote by element4433
^Rappers write thie own songs

Note how I said "sing", I was directing it at pop singers.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by wylde_overdrive
The Britney Spears "performance" was hilarious!

+1000000

Popstars are like puppets for record companies.They Pull there strings until they can tolerate them . Lip-syncing should be treated as a crime
Hi
Last edited by abhishek21 at Sep 10, 2007,