OK i got them today and wearing them for the first time. amazing difference feel so much better and hated spending my life with metal over my nose.....but my visions very watery where my eyes are trying to protect themselves(does that make sense?)

anywayz i have to build up wearing them 2 hours a day or so (so today 2 hours tommorow 4 etc)
could i get away with wearing them for 5 hours tommorow? and when will my vision become clearer? thx
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Yeah 5 hours is alright, and just let your eyes get used to it Happened to both my sisters and my brother.
Your vision is normally blurry for the first twenty minutes all the time, or so I find. I recently started wearing contacts and it's been great. I change them once a month and can wear them for up to ten hours a day, four days a week. Are yours daily disposable or less often?
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
OK i got them today and wearing them for the first time. amazing difference feel so much better and hated spending my life with metal over my nose.....but my visions very watery where my eyes are trying to protect themselves(does that make sense?)

anywayz i have to build up wearing them 2 hours a day or so (so today 2 hours tommorow 4 etc)
could i get away with wearing them for 5 hours tommorow? and when will my vision become clearer? thx

Your vision will never be as clear glasses, My experience too.

I tried Contacts just before summer, but I required special set with a weighted left hand lens for my astigmatism I have (not perfectly round eye).

If it's what you want go for it, but when I asked about cleaning them, and found out that you use bleach to clean them with, I was a little put off.

Did they feel gritty when you put them on? , theyre ok after a few hours.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
Your vision is normally blurry for the first twenty minutes all the time, or so I find. I recently started wearing contacts and it's been great. I change them once a month and can wear them for up to ten hours a day, four days a week. Are yours daily disposable or less often?

i keep the lenses for a year i get new solution every 3 months or so. i can wear them up to 12 hours a day every day once theyre built up.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by nick dixon

I tried Contacts just before summer, but I required special set with a weighted left hand lens for my astigmatism I have (not perfectly round eye).

If it's what you want go for it, but when I asked about cleaning them, and found out that you use bleach to clean them with, I was a little put off.

yeah i have astigmatism as well(also my perscription is +8 quite strong strongest = +10).....and no they just feel really watery.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Bloody hell you use the same leneses for a year? I thought the longest you had each lesne in for was either a month or when you use dailys.

I've haqd contacts for a year or 2 now and I still much prefer them to glasses, I hated glasses. I use monthlys, so I use the same pair for a month. Just leave them to soak each night in a case of solution. Only supposed to wear for them for 8-10 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week but I average at about 14+ for 7 days a week, ah well.
when i first started putting them in and out i hated it, but soon got used to it. i did have monthlys, but i never could be arsed to clean them, so my eyes got infected. now i have dailys - there better as i can leave them in for up to 24 hours without anything really happening!! 7 days a week
Quote by chocolateman900
Bloody hell you use the same leneses for a year? I thought the longest you had each lesne in for was either a month or when you use dailys.

I've haqd contacts for a year or 2 now and I still much prefer them to glasses, I hated glasses. I use monthlys, so I use the same pair for a month. Just leave them to soak each night in a case of solution. Only supposed to wear for them for 8-10 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week but I average at about 14+ for 7 days a week, ah well.

lol yeah are yours soft lenses?or the gas perma(mispelt) and did you get them with specsavers?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

I started wearing monthly contacts since last wednesday. And it really was a pain to put em in or take em out at first, but it becomes a habit soon.
I'm happy with em!
I wear dailys, only recommended for 4 days for 12 hours. I wear them everyday of the week for about 12 hours.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by chocolateman900

you can keep contacts for quite a while unless your constantly removing them and putting them back in. i had a pair my 2nd year of college that i never took out. acuvue 2s that i had in for a year and two months straight and never had to take 'em out. my anamoty teacher wanted them to make sure that they weren't attached to my eyes forever, haha... said they'd be as dried out as a potato chip...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
i can't stand seeing someone put in or take out contacts.
it really bothers me for some reason.

if my vision gets any worse and i have to start wearing my glasses regularly i might consider contacts...but with my quirk there i have no idea how i would put them in
i was gonna try them but my friend said that they really itch your eye

do they? and what's bad about putting them in and out?
I got contacts in June and I didn't have to wear them hours at a time, I just got to put them in from when I woke up to when I went to bed.
Quote by nick dixon

BLEACH!!

You use a slightly salty water solution!
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
i didnt have to build up to anything when i got mine...weird...
Guitar is LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Velvet_Craig
BLEACH!!

yeah, I don't think bleach and eyeballs mix all that well
Quote by Velvet_Craig
BLEACH!!

Actually i have to use hydrogen peroxide because my eyes are too sensitive to other stuff. But i clean them off with a solution before i put them in in the morning.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
lol when i took them out today i swear.....it slipped up into my eye and i couldnt get it out for like 25 mins xD.....panicked a bit but i got it back round :S
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Yeah, you can do it for 5 hours.

I've been wearin' em for about a year now.
Metal on nose = No babes
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
mine are great i can wear them 14 hours everyday and my opticians fine with it but the longest I've worn them for is about 36 hours but then they go strange. but they are very comfortable some specsavers elite lenses or something like that
I had a good sig once....

ah who am i kidding
I once, mistakenly, thought I had mine in, and spent ages trying to, well, basically just trying t pull my eye out, really.
I'm getting them soon since my astigmatism is very high and it's taking a while to get here. I have like a practice lens but I can't get it in my eye, something always goes wrong. Any of you have alot of trouble getting them in? I've never worn them before.
I don't need a sig....
The fist time I tried, in the shop, it like, an hour and a half