Ok, i think this is in the right forum :P

Me and my mate are playing something on the open podium of our school. We are looking for a good guitar duet/battle to play there. He has been playing coustic for about 4 years, electric for 2 years and i just the electric for only about 1 year.
we're looking for something that will show skill, but isnt too complicated for all the non-guitarists at are school that are listening, caus we want to amaze them, not melt their brains XD

Well, all suggestions are appreciated

Tijmen.
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
Orange Bass Terror 500 > Markbass 4x10
any specific songs (metallica has just toomuch to check em all :P)
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
Orange Bass Terror 500 > Markbass 4x10
if you are looking for more of a duet, then i would say...
If hes good at acoustic... Bohemian Rhapsody would be awesome. Have him play the piano part, you play the vocal part, it could sound really good if you did it right. look up a midi of it and throw it into powertab or guitarpro.

but for more of a guitar battle, im not really sure, id just make soemthing up, like i said before.
iron maidenw ould be worth a look too. The trooper isn't too hard and has a solo switch over.

for duel solos, thin lizzy are teh pwnz0rs. jailbreak, emerald, holy wars, most of their stuff
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Anyone seen the pick of destiny bit where the demon with an electric guitar battles jack and his friend with acoustics?

That would be so cool
WTLTL 2011
Quote by LP Addict
through the fire and the flames - dragonforce. easy.

The year Dragonforce was formed deaths by sonic boom increased ten fold.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
try technical difficulties by racer x, thats should show skill and has two guitars, its pretty hard though
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
I have cool idea

you could do metallica hit the lights or megadeth's wake up dead and split the guitar solos(maybe do both, 3 guitar solos per song, 3 per person
Well, it's short, but The End off of Abbey Road has an excellent three-way guitar duel. you could probably adapt that to two people easily enough.
Hangar 18 by Megadeth, it's metal, it's mediocre, and you won't blow EVERYONES mind.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by DefectedFromGod
Hangar 18 by Megadeth, it's metal, it's mediocre, and you won't blow EVERYONES mind.

agreed. Just make sure to snag the friedman parts. Those are somewhat impressive. The mustaine parts are really simple.
I don't know if this is your taste in music but at the end of Avenged Sevenfolds "Sidewinder", there is a 2 part acoustic solo. And Coheed And Cambria's "Welcome Home" has a 2 part guitar solo.
do the vilvaldi presto summer four season thingy. that'll be cool..
Quote by markazord
try technical difficulties by racer x, thats should show skill and has two guitars, its pretty hard though

good call, i'd do this one.
A shredder in the making........ turned over to jazz.
Mathemagician in the making too.

Originally posted by Stratwizard
John Petrucci overrated? Is God overrated?