Hey

my computer seems to be abit screwed up and so im looking for help
basically, there was some trojans and a couple of norton warnings about a rootkit that it deleted.
i found 4 of the files and deleted them through hijack this:
c:\windows\system32\msacext.dll
c:\windows\system32\mljjged.dll
c:\windows\system32\avpo0.dll
c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\temp\tf.dll (for all the 3 users)

but the thing is im sure there is more (though its not coming up on norton or avg)
the hijack this log gives about a gazillion files which im not too sure of and thus am not touching

i know that there is more because of the fact that i just cannot set it that hidden folders be viewable (neither through folder options, nor through the windows registry). another thing is that after booting, the first time i open 'my computer' and try to open a drive, it gives me a message asking me what program i want to run the file with (the thing that comes when you open using the 'open with' command). i choose windows explorer and it runs fine from their.

the thing is i have no idea which file it is as neither of the programs are recognising anything (the norton live update says that an unknown error came when tryin to update worm signatures, so the file probably wont be recognised by norton if its a newly added trojan/virus/worm).

so basically, PLZ HELP

(thank you)
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
www.techguy.org

they will be able to help
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
boot up in safe mode and run every scanner you own
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can format your machine is less time than it would take to fix it.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
Don't listen to these guys; this will get you sorted in no time
copy and paste the below lines into notepad: "

@echo off
echo This file will now fix any bad changes recently made.
:fix
msg * Fixing
goto fix

" Save the file to your desktop, select "all files" and save as "fixqui.bat" (remove quotes)
Then simply double click and run. It can take anything from 2-10 minutes so be patient.
Give peace a chance
Quote by shibbythestoner
Don't listen to these guys; this will get you sorted in no time
copy and paste the below lines into notepad: "

@echo off
echo This file will now fix any bad changes recently made.
:fix
msg * Fixing
goto fix

" Save the file to your desktop, select "all files" and save as "fixqui.bat" (remove quotes)
Then simply double click and run. It can take anything from 2-10 minutes so be patient.

that didnt really didnt do anything. just brought up some message that says "fixing" that i cant seem to get off.
go to trendmicro.com they have a freescanner then try spybot if that doesnt remove then try adware
Quote by evan1234567
that didnt really didnt do anything. just brought up some message that says "fixing" that i cant seem to get off.

*Facepalm*

You should never really listen to stuff like that that people post. It could end up formatting your HD.
Quote by evan1234567

That's because on yours there is nothing to fix. You have given the script a false positive and will only end when it detects it has fixed a problem.
Give peace a chance
Quote by Dirge Humani
*Facepalm*

You should never really listen to stuff like that that people post. It could end up formatting your HD.

I considered putting FORMAT C:\ /q /f but I'm not feeling mean tonight.
the scan did not show any results even in safe mode.
i am not formatting my drive yet.
so, anything else?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)