there is one on craiglist for 400 bucks
are these amps similar to the JCM 800s ?
is 400 a good deal?
hows the sound?

im looking for basic thoughts on the JCM 900
thanks
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
As far as I know 800's have a heavier sound with more gain. Don't quote me on that, though.

For $400 it's a good deal, especially if you already have a decent cab to go with it!
900's have more gain, less marshall crunch to it, good for rock/metal can get heavy, some people prefer it than the 800 but ive heard more that the 800 is better what type of music do you play, should cover most styles and for 400 bucks you should go for it.

what amp do you have now?
400 is a wicked deal for the 900.

i play one and i got it for 600 and i thought that was good! it's a great amp, awesome cleans and great distortion too. it's got the switch on the back to take it back to 50W which is nice cuz nobody needs 100W all the time. i'd go for it depending what style music you play.

i heard 800s are more for stuff like gunners and maiden and metallica while the 900s can handle the higher gain stuff of modern rock/metal. i've never A/B'd them so don't take my word for it, i love my 900 for everything tho.
el34 but im not gonna get it
every review ive read hs abeen negative
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
where did u read those reviews? i personally like the 900... i think its a VERY good deal, don't write it off so fast.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Quote by libskate44
el34 but im not gonna get it
every review ive read hs abeen negative

for $400, it's a great deal. i don't know why every review you read has been negative, or why you would value others reviews so heavily, as opposed to trying it out yourself.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
its not just the reviews
i realized that its stupid to even consider the amp just because its a good deal
im happy with my current amp as it has been serving its purpose as my first entryu into the tube world and it produces all the tones i need and is loud enough to jam with others
why get this 900 when i can wait a couple years when its time for a serious upgrade and pick a really nice amp
Quote by beeboshain
because you could turn around and sell it for more than you got it for. it'd be a win-win, you get to decide whether or not it suits you, and you could make a profit for to further pursue your quest for tone.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by libskate44
its not just the reviews
i realized that its stupid to even consider the amp just because its a good deal
im happy with my current amp as it has been serving its purpose as my first entryu into the tube world and it produces all the tones i need and is loud enough to jam with others
why get this 900 when i can wait a couple years when its time for a serious upgrade and pick a really nice amp

Uhhh, dude...it is a really nice amp. I've been gigging with mine for years and everytime I thought I found "another great amp", I always went running back to the JCM900.
(Until I dicovered the Carvin V3)

I dont know which reviews you're reading, but they were probably crap and you should never go by just what you read anyway. Its probably one of the amps that do everyting good, but not one thing "great".
For 400, I'll buy it for a backup.
so the jcm900 does nothing great?
Quote by beeboshain