hi there!

i'm going to install a tremol-no on my guitar.
I have 3 springs installed (S-x-S-x-S) and i'm using strings 10-52

1) is it necessary to add a 4th spring? it would be S-S-X-S-S

2) when i install the tremol-no, is that a problem that the configuration is the following? wouln't it the desequilibrated? or the tremol-no works as a spring too

legend:
S=spring
T=tremol-no
x=nothing
If you want the tremolno, just take out the middle spring and make it S x T x S

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

that's not possible i think

the tremol-no has to be in the second position as you see in the picture.
i don't think i can put it in other position. the "arm" is not possible to move

at least i think. i don't have it yet
yeah, the tremol-no is in the second position. the whole claw is different, with the tremol-no pre-attached.

i use mine with 3 springs. i don't think the number of springs will really affect it; by that i mean i don't think it matters. you should just consider the number of springs the way you do when you don't have the tremol-no fitted, just as a matter of personal preference...

word of warning, though, on mine (with a gotoh floyd) there isn't enough room for the deep c to fit without limiting up-pull, so i can't access dive-only mode. but other than that, it's pretty nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?