http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491X

Badass axe right thar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-DA15-Guitar-Amp?sku=482641

Cheap, portable, and from what I hear, toneworthy as well.

This is what I'm aiming at owning before the end of this year. Any suggestions / comments before I set the plan in motion?

FYI, I tend to play anything from alternative rock to industrial metal. I'm looking for a warm, distorted tone without an asston of feedback.

Edit;

Still debating on whether I should spend the extra $60 on getting it new instead of used. I probably will due to it having active pickups.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Sep 10, 2007,
if you play metal. i'd so go for a cube.

i have the same guitar and a cube and i'm completely satisfied
I've heard good and bad things about the cube. I plan on going in and checking them both out through the same guitar at guitarcenter if I can manage to catch them with all three in stock.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
i agree with going for a microcube instead, or cube 30x for metal.

i wouldn't want to trust the floyd on that, to be honest. they presumably took the OFR off for a reason.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well see. I'm not the greatest guitarist in the world yet. I'm not bad, but not quite gig material yet.

I've got absolutely no experience with a trem. I've got an Ibanez GRG170DX with a piece of **** trem, just barely pushing down whacks it out of tune, so I'm used to being gentle with a trem. Even if I have to tune it every time I stop playing, so be it. The trem isn't my main concern.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
ok, fair enough. other thing is if you don't really care too much about the floyd, should you be looking at a hardtail instead?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go with a Cube dude.

The Hellraiser is awesome, you will love it.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I was hoping to snag a guitar with a good trem that I could practice with and learn to properly use one, my point was that it's just not really an important factor. Just a minor preference.

Hellraiser = pwn. But sadly, I don't have that kind of money, nor will I ever.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Oh I thought you were getting one.. Don't get the C-1 with the trem.. Wait till you can afford a original FR.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

dude, I think that guitar is better to paddle a both with than it is a guitar.
The DA15 is a nice digital modeller -- it was my first guitar amp. The models will introduce you to a broad variety of styles, and the effects are okay to start (I used mostly the chorus, compression & reverb).

I upgraded my amp less than a year after I purchased it, though -- I was struck by a big case of Mesa-fuelled tube amp GAS. I still have my DA15 as a backup, for when friends visit with a guitar, or for headphone practicing (for reasons stated below, I'll probably replace it with the DA5). The DA15 is fine for what it is, but, predictably, it gets blown away by tubey Mesa Boogieness.

If I were to do it again, I would probably have settled for the DA5 (or the Roland equivalent, the Microtube, even though I like the Vox tones more). Why? The DA15 is bigger than the portable DA5, but not big enough to play with a drummer. Also, since I live in a small apartment, space was an issue, so smaller is better. Lastly, the amp will probably sound better on a really good pair of headphones, rather than the built-in speaker, and since I practiced a lot in my first year over headphones (courtesy to family and all), the benefit of the larger speaker was lost on me. So you might want to consider getting a smaller practice amp, and then saving the cash to upgrade toward a nicer amplifier down the road.

Have fun with your choices!
I'm defenitely getting a small practice amp, that's for sure. I'm not getting another two-ton box I'm expected to haul everywhere every time I wanna play. This lil sucker's for my guitar club meets at high school.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.