If u are going to see a band. do u prefer them to see them in a big festival ore just a small club nearby town? somehow it depends on which bands there are playing for me. i probably like to see mastodon on a small club but moshing on cannibal corpse looks more fun on a big concert, any thoughts? Btw i am new to this forum are these kinds of topics allowed here?
Its always more fun for me to see a band in a small club and get right up front. close enough so I can hear the pick hitting the strings. Festivals can be fun though
I prefer smaller venues or at least, I prefer concerts to fesitvals. The reason? Its rediculous expensive to see bands I dont like just to see the one I went for........although there are festivals which have bands I do like, they are few and far between.
^ Agreed, try living in Hell Paso (formerly known as El Paso) we don't get ****.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by JC13
You better be joking, us Canadians don't even got Ozzfest .

As for me, I'd definitely prefer a concert over a festival, any day.. Even though I haven't really been to one, it doesn't seem like the type of atmosphere I'd like.

But I AM going to wacken some day...

Go for Wacken 2010.
I'll take small festvials any day. Doom Shall Rise and Keep it True always have great lineups.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by The Virtuoso
^ Agreed, try living in Hell Paso (formerly known as El Paso) we don't get ****.

I've heard of El Paso, therefore I'm sure you get much better concerts than us.
But I like small concerts b/c I'm always the biggest guy there & I have a lot of fun moshing, I usually start the pits if no one's doing anything.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
sure would be nice living in europe...so many options within just a few hours of driving
Quote by Sinten
sure would be nice living in europe...so many options within just a few hours of driving

Are you saying that all of the shitty pop band tours in America aren't options?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Europe is so friggin expensive if you're an American, the same drinks I get for $1 in the US cost me $3 in France and $5 in England. Goddamn weak dollar. A Wacken ticket+plane trip+lodging+transportation+food would cost me thousands of dollars, and that doesn't include merchandise or any kind of tourism.
Just go to Amsterdam & whore yourself out for Euros.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
i would have to say both big and small! i like the big ones as you get the big bands and loads of them!
i like the small ones as they have a lot of underground and heavier bands which the big ones would not get!
examples: download for big
BOA for small!
boa has helped the not bigish bands in the uk play a good show and go on to download! turisas, nightwish and dragonforce all played boa before download even touched them!
Both are different experiences. I saw Akercocke in the Underworld (for those in London) and I was right up against the stage opposite Matt Wilcok (and I was drunk, so I just kept shouting his name at him), and that gig ruled. But you can't beat the atmosphere of a massive festival.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.