so i finally got a metal muff (woohoo!) and it is awesome. the only bad thing is it doesn't come with any eq examples for specific tones, so i was wondering if anyone who owns it could help me find the correct tone for specific bands/genres.

mostly death metal as genres go.

bands:
necrophagist
job for a cowboy
amon amarth
as i lay dying
in flames.

etc.
have you checked the ultimate settings thread?
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
not to be a smart ass, but have you tried, like did you sit down and try to find it on your own. Yes I know some settings are very hard, and you need help, but I hope you didn't just buy this thing and then make a thread asking for settings of your bands before even attempting.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
yeah i dont know if this thread will go anywhere
but i bought one of these before trying it with my setup
basically it raped my tone so bad the cops had me in for questioning
for anyone who has one of these guys, have you gotten any kind of rich/thick tone out of it or just the dead sorry excuse of the muff name sound i find.
and yeah i have played around with it alot but i usually can't stand it for long. the mid especially does some weird stuff.
Quote by russiaininvader
yeah i dont know if this thread will go anywhere
but i bought one of these before trying it with my setup
basically it raped my tone so bad the cops had me in for questioning
for anyone who has one of these guys, have you gotten any kind of rich/thick tone out of it or just the dead sorry excuse of the muff name sound i find.
and yeah i have played around with it alot but i usually can't stand it for long. the mid especially does some weird stuff.

sorry i wasn't trying to harass, but some people around here have been quick to post, so I thought I'd check just in case. The fact that you feel as though you cant even get a decent tone out of it is another matter.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
i have no problem with tone. i've used a lot in the past week and a half but i can't seem to get any of those exact tones. i'm mostly looking for necrophagist which isn't in the settings thread. just wondering if you guys knew how to get a tone that was close to said bands.
Quote by FrenchBread
The fact that you feel as though you cant even get a decent tone out of it is another matter.

honestly, the hype on this pedal far surpasses it's abilities.

TS i would help you but i dont play ur bands. good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011