Hey guys ,

So i recently made out that im not gonna get anywhere without learning scales ....and so i started trying to get my way around it ....here's something i figured out so far for the lessons i found in ug ...please correct me if i'm wrong ...i just wanna know if ive got the basic concept behind scales and modes correct

If you want to come up with a solo for a song ...you can use the relevant major/minor scale it is in and all its different modes ...

For example ...lets say a song is in the C major scale

One can use .... any of the major, minor scales associated with the C major scale ...

for example C major , F major , G major, A minor , D minor , E minor etc.

Ok so ...thats what i have figured so far ...have i got it right ?

Now coming to m second doubt .....lets take the C major scale again as an example

which has the notes

C D E F G A B C

now, these are the only notes that the C major scale can have right ? by this i mean ...however you play it...in which ever mode you play it ....be it you play a A minor or D minor scale ....or any of the other modes .....the only notes that can be played are

C D E F G A B and C right ? ...its just that the position of the notes change depending on the mode you are playing ...right ? or there any way b which you can play a note that is not there in the scale such as lets say a G# when playing in any mode associated with the C major scale ?
I don't mean to come across as rude, but you really need to do some more reading, because what you write doesn't really make sense.
Look at the section on Modes of the Major Scale here. The scales you listed (F Major, G Major, E minor, etc.) are not modes of C Major. Hopefully the information in the other thread will answer some of your questions.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
**** , i cant believe i never tht of what you guys said ...yeah ...sorry guys ..and thanks for the corrections .....ok ...so here goes ....if i wanna play a solo in a song that is in the C major scale , i can use any of the following scales

C Ionian
D Dorian
E Phrygian
F Lydian
G Mixolydian
A Aeolian
B Locrian

right ?
Yes, however they'll all sound exactly the same unless there's a corresponding chord change. For example, if you're playing over a simple I-IV-V progression in C the overwhelming tonality will be C major. That means that you can play all those modes but they'll all sound exactly the same. For E Phrygian, for example, to sound "phrygian" it needs the correct chords underneath it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by inlovewithmusic
**** , i cant believe i never tht of what you guys said ...yeah ...sorry guys ..and thanks for the corrections .....ok ...so here goes ....if i wanna play a solo in a song that is in the C major scale , i can use any of the following scales

C Ionian
D Dorian
E Phrygian
F Lydian
G Mixolydian
A Aeolian
B Locrian

right ?

In a nutshell, yes, but as stated all those scales will sound basically like C major unless you have the correct harmonic context.

Try this: play each mode off of the same root, instead of playing them diatonically to any certain key (ie play C ionian, C dorian, C phrygian, etc.) For me, this makes it a little easier to hear the different colors of each mode.

I would still recommend reading over the thread in the link from my previous post as there is a lot of good information there.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...