Out of all the material you know, which piece took you the longest to learn?

I have been trying to learn this piece for about 3-4 months:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0

It's much more difficult than it looks. I can play the entire piece, I just need to work on these 2 or 3 areas in particular.

What about you guys?
All of "Peace of Mind" by Boston, that took me about 2 months to perfect.
The Pit. The Movie.
yeah... majorly short attention span, so I'll probably say Burn, by Deep Purple. that took me about a week to really get.
You have a neat attention span. That looks tough to learn mate... Good luck getting those areas done

Anything truly difficult I've only really learnt for merit but failed. Man I'm lame :P.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Ive been working on classical gas for about half a year...but i get easily frustrated and stop when i can't get a bit...though I can get it slowly all the way through just gotta work up the speed
Diferencias sobre el Conde Claros.

Renaissance piece for classical guitar. Based on variations it took me ages to get it by heart even though I could play it through with the sheet music. About a month.
Definitely Diary of A Madman by Ozzy. I'm more of a chord type of guy :p
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
i just started learning the glass prison by dream theater now that i've got my 7 string, and i'll be lucky to ever get it at this rate

Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Last edited by irongoat666 at Sep 10, 2007,
spirit of radio - rush

and i've been working on tommy the cat - primus for about a month
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Iron Man, because I learned all of it but the solo, cause it was my first song, and I got sick of playing it, since it was my first song, so I never learned the solo.
I've been working on YYZ and Spirit of the Radio each for about 2 or 3 months now.

I'm able to play most of YYZ, but at about half speed. Spirit of the Radio's a bit trickier. I haven't really got that one yet. At all.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Angel of Death by Slayer is the only song that I know how to play the whole way through I think. Except for the silly solo.
Quote by The Madcap
I have been trying to learn this piece for about 3-4 months:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0

It's much more difficult than it looks. I can play the entire piece, I just need to work on these 2 or 3 areas in particular.

What about you guys?

that's really weird, I'm learning that right now too. I can play all of it, but not fluidly.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Paranoid Android by Radiohead took me a while. I sucked at guitar when I learned the cool riff, I was decent when I learned the intro riff, I was taking classes when I learned some of the lead lines, and I was finally good when I learned the full song minus the solo's. Come to think of it, I'm gonna go learn those solo's tommorow.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Either my own Classical Gas arrangement or Lewis and Clarke by Tommy Emmanuel.

Lewis and clarke is technically simple but its damn hard to get the right feel and rhythm. Must have spent about 200 hours playing that and making it better.

As for Classical Gas, I learnt the Mason Williams version all the way through, must have took 2 months, then I learnt to play it really fast, another couple of weeks, then I started adding Tommy Emmanuel's bits into it. Must have spent 500 hours playing that one.

Never get tired of it though.

And as for the first post, jesus thats a long and complicated piece.