Page 1 of 2
ok i need some songs with power chords. nothin like death metal screaming stuff like smoke on the water and ironman. does anyone know a few i could learn? don't say anythin by ac/dc because they use open chords not power chords and i hate people who play their songs with power chords
anything by greenday

power chords are boring
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
any punk song - blink 182, greenday and other crap like that. Nirvana also has lot of powerchords.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
anyone see the song in his sig? I don't want to be rude, but...

i found it quite catchy

i love how the drummer jumps up as soon as he's finished ha
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Somebody Save Me - Cinderella It has some Palm Muting and an easy bridge..Overall easy song, kinda fun to play.
Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
Infected - Bad Religion
Surrender - Cheap Trick

The Beast and the Harlot is sort of hard at some points but the verses are nothing but drop d power chords and they're really fun. The others are really easy, but still fun.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Lenny Kravitz, Fly away........easiest song ever.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Quote by rilakam
Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
Infected - Bad Religion
Surrender - Cheap Trick

The Beast and the Harlot is sort of hard at some points but the verses are nothing but drop d power chords and they're really fun. The others are really easy, but still fun.

Infected is actually played with barre chords.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by Jonjy2
Ok. So you want songs with power chords. But you hate people who play songs with power chords?

no i meant people who play ac/dc's songs with power chords haha my bad
My I add the Smoke on the Water uses alot of open chords, just not in the intro, which is actually inverted fourths, making them not powerchords.

also, listen to any rock radio, you'll find dozens of songs.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Holy Diver is effectively power chords, at least the main riffs and the rhythm line.
You can even step them down a string and get a bit more thump behind it without losing the essential melody.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
awesome U2 poster! in the video... whered you get it?

anyway, id say almost anything by greenday, even though i have no idea why you would want to learn a song with only power chords in it...
you should just stick to those 4 chords in your video if you don't want to sound emo screamo death metal creamo
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Twisted Sister.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by werty22
Green Day doesn't use power chords often, if ever. They're mostly barre chords.

I'm a big time Green Day fan and even I think that's funny! Sure, they do some major inversions and additions, but let's face it: they're a powerchord band.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Power chords are nice to play over lots and lots of note choice freedom. The notes the bass player lays on will give the song the direction minor major ect ect.

Again anything can be overdone its how you use it that makes it a snooze fest or an effective tool.
ramones, misfits, sex pistols,...
Most punk uses powerchords, try : The ramones - loudmouth
pretty easy
First of all, I know this has been pointed out already, but Iron Maiden and especially Smoke on Water are nowhere near to screaming death metal..

But it sounds like you want to play stuff like *cough* greenday, all american rejects and blink 182... If your looking for something more rock and less g@y (no offense), you should try some Velvet Revolver, Black Sabbath, Seether, Audioslave, Ramones, Nirvana etc.
Quote by A-Chilton
ok i need some songs with power chords. nothin like death metal screaming stuff like smoke on the water and ironman. does anyone know a few i could learn? don't say anythin by ac/dc because they use open chords not power chords and i hate people who play their songs with power chords

Am I the only one who realizes he's a troll?
I'm back, you douchebags.
You could play any song with just power chords...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by truespin
Holy Diver is effectively power chords, at least the main riffs and the rhythm line.
You can even step them down a string and get a bit more thump behind it without losing the essential melody.

Only been playing v.short time myself Holy Diver great tune and pretty easy (Not solo) Tune down to Eb.
Quote by electricsnake
you should just stick to those 4 chords in your video if you don't want to sound emo screamo death metal creamo

thanks for ur advice. it's actually only three chords if we're talking bout the same part of the song...the intro and verse right? it's D to D sus2 cadd9 back to dsus2
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Fell in love with a girl - White stripes

Pretty much any old Black Sabbath

Straight Edge - Minor Threat

Lots of Nirvana..

doesn't nirvanna use bar chords? if i'm wrong don't start yelling at me people i'm just asking
Quote by One Way Ticket
Am I the only one who realizes he's a troll?

i didn't say that iron man and smoke on the water are death metal i meant i want songs like smoke on the water and ironman
Quote by beckyjc
Smoke on the water? Death metal?
Pah check out Blink 182, ZOMG SATAN IN A BUCKET.

now that, is comedy gold!

Quote by beckyjc
Smoke on the water? Death metal?
Pah check out Blink 182, ZOMG SATAN IN A BUCKET.

I lol'd IRL
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by rhysm
anything by greenday

power chords are boring

I try to aviod using them writing songs, but you can deffinatly spice them up, i love adding the 5th. and add 9 power chords.
Quote by climhazzard
80+% of rock songs.

+1
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Page 1 of 2