Page 1 of 2
Alright so my school has online daily progress reports, and we can check our grades. In english, my teacher handed out a disclosure and it was due friday but we had a substitue who didn't call for it, so me being the person i am thought it wasn't due after all till today. My parent tells me to check said progress reports and it shows 0/10 as the only grade in english due to the missing disclosure statement. That is an f. So I said "Oh the sub never called for it I'll turn it in first thing monday, which i did today and so its an A again. My parent grounded me for a week for it being an F, but now that its fixed i'm still grounded plus more stuff is getting taken away because nobody beleives i handled the situation. So i'm grounded for a week from phone and computer outside of school work. Is this punishment a little harsh in your opinion I mean i handled the grade and fixed it immediately and now there are no problems, so I think I should be ungrounded, but i'm still not and my parent says if I do anything else wrong I have to get rid of my BMW and quit my job and we're going to move....
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Your parents need a royal kick up the ass, tell them to get their **** together and grow the hell up.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Awww, you poor poor soul. You have to get rid of your beamer? (is looking at an 02 325ci)
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by Penguinarmy
Your parents need a royal kick up the ass, tell them to get their **** together and grow the hell up.

Why do I think that would only worsen the current situation between the TS and his parents/parent?
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
325's are great, but if I were you I'd get an 87 not an 02 :]
This is just unacceptable:
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4410/unfairhy9.jpg[/img]
dude, you got grounded from the computer yet your on UG?

other than that, thats ****ed up, i feel bad for you
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
pffff, how strict are they - even if u did get an F for real, i still wouldnt punish you. I agree with the penguin guy, give them a royal kick up the arse and tell them to shut up!
Wow, sucks to be you man.

Thats crazy.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Par Avion
325's are great, but if I were you I'd get an 87 not an 02 :]

psht. My insurance company won't insure anything at a reasonable price that they aren't sure of. I'm paying 500 a month with my wrx already. So it's more a matter of money.

And TS: how old are you? Your parents get all of your grades daily?
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by Ollieyoufool
at its fixed i'm still grounded plus more stuff is getting taken away because nobody beleives i handled the situation. So i'm grounded for a week from phone and computer outside of school work.

if you're grounded from the computer, how did u post this?
Get a note from your teacher saying that everything is okay.
Death to Ovation haters!
I'm seventeen and I'm able to use the computer for school and looking up music :p. She told me that since I don't have enough time in my day I shouldn't be on the computer or on the phone anyway, I do have enough time though she just wants an excuse. I dunno though, a week for momentarily making a mistake and fixing it.....
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Pretty harsh considering I'm not that bad of a person, I don't do drugs, I don't drink i've only failed one class ever and that wasn't my fault even, the worst thing i've ever done is break a window in 5th grade accidentally and now if I mess up at all I have to move to nevada..... I think thats the ballest punishment ever, and I mean I could understand if I didn't fix the grade but i fixed it asap and i'm still in trouble its gay as hell...
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by Retro Rocker
I believed it until the last sentence.

She said "If you don't get your grades up or if they drop again, we're moving to mesquite, i'm canceling your phone and you won't be able to keep your car." No joke at all. She's been threatening it for months....
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by Ollieyoufool
She said "If you don't get your grades up or if they drop again, we're moving to mesquite, i'm canceling your phone and you won't be able to keep your car." No joke at all. She's been threatening it for months....

I meant to add unless you are a wealthy family.
Is it YOUR car, which you pay for and everything, or are your parents paying for running it?
I'm so glad my parents don't look at my grades daily.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by PatchworkMan
Get a note from your teacher saying that everything is okay.

+100. Get your teacher to help you. If the situation is ok at school then you need'nt worry. But seriously, your parents sound like stuck-up bible-bashers who love punishment and only have sex once a month and even then they do it in the dark and don't talk through it.
i have a feeling they're planning on moving anyway, and they're just waiting for a good excuse. i mean no one upsets their entire life to punish their child. either that or they hate your friends. what you need to do is a classic teenage retaliation, doing a bunch of horrible crap on purpose while also flipping out on them when they find out to intimidate them and get their punishment to lessen.
Dude, the second your parents ever treat you like that again, just ****ing run away. You are the perfect child, a parent could want nothing more then you, and yet they are making unbelievably harsh threats in the face of a mistake that is not even your fault in the first place, just to put you down. No one deserves that. Show them that you are almost 18 and not going to take their bull**** anymore.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Dude, the second your parents ever treat you like that again, just ****ing run away. You are the perfect child, a parent could want nothing more then you, and yet they are making unbelievably harsh threats in the face of a mistake that is not even your fault in the first place, just to put you down. No one deserves that. Show them that you are almost 18 and not going to take their bull**** anymore.

What?

He should run away because he was grounded for a week? Unbelievably harsh? My god. How old are you?
Quote by Retro Rocker
I meant to add unless you are a wealthy family.
Is it YOUR car, which you pay for and everything, or are your parents paying for running it?

Yeah I payed for it and the title is in my name, but since I'm still a minor, legally she can sell it. If she did try though I'd take it and run. I told her if she tried to move me I'd move in with a friend or something because I'm almost 18 and I don't need to be treated like a kid, so pretty much she's still saying i'm grounded and she's going to check how many text messages I send etc etc... but what can she honestly do? I'm almost graduated so I can afford to pay a phone bill if need be, and i can afford my car and everything on my own, I have a job and work nearly 30 hours a week on top of school, so even though I'm tired at school and work a ton I am still getting good grades and much bank. What she also does that pisses me off is for a while she payed my car insurance, because I couldn't work as much, so she now wants all the money she payed in car insurance back, a total of around 3000 dollars, so I pretty much have to sign my whole pay check over to her, but she's unemployed living off social security, and I'm thinking of just stifling her income from me. She needs a job and to get off her fat ass and work, rather than mooch off of me, and I think not giving her as much money a month to pay back the past insurance would help that. We don't come from a rich family, we make due though, and so I figure maybe that would help her out...
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by NickSK

What?

He should run away because he was grounded for a week? Unbelievably harsh? My god. How old are you?

+1 WTF. I'm not getting beaten or anything i'm grounded. It's a ****ty punishment but its not like its the end of the world. Running away wouldn't really solve my problems that much because then I'd have rent to pay
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

Well I'm not self made, because on top of school I maybe bring in 320.00 USD A month, so I can afford my car and maybe a phone bill, but I couldn't afford to live on my own, or buy my own grocieries etc, unless I got a better job and more hours.... I could possibly work enough to get up to 684.00 USD a month, but that would require me working 5-11 on school nights every night, and then one day an 8 hour shift, and one day off. That would be too much drain on me especially since i'm on the varsity swim and waterpolo teams, I wouldn't be able to do it. Homework would be able to be done at work though but that would be too much, but if I did that I could live on my own and buy grocieries everything.... But once I turn 18 I'm deciding if I want to wait a year before college (I graduate before I turn 18) and save money for housing and school or jump right in to college. Either way I wanna get away from this house as soon as I graduate. I've thought all this over, and I need a job that pays major bank. If I could get something at like 15.00 USD an hour that would be amazing because then I'd only have to work 24 hours a week to get 720.00 USD a month and most likely i'd work 32 hours a week and bring home 960.00 USD a month, thus meaning I could definitely afford my car and a house all the ammenities etc...
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by Ollieyoufool
Well I'm not self made, because on top of school I maybe bring in 320.00 USD A month, so I can afford my car and maybe a phone bill, but I couldn't afford to live on my own, or buy my own grocieries etc, unless I got a better job and more hours.... I could possibly work enough to get up to 684.00 USD a month, but that would require me working 5-11 on school nights every night, and then one day an 8 hour shift, and one day off. That would be too much drain on me especially since i'm on the varsity swim and waterpolo teams, I wouldn't be able to do it. Homework would be able to be done at work though but that would be too much, but if I did that I could live on my own and buy grocieries everything.... But once I turn 18 I'm deciding if I want to wait a year before college (I graduate before I turn 18) and save money for housing and school or jump right in to college. Either way I wanna get away from this house as soon as I graduate. I've thought all this over, and I need a job that pays major bank. If I could get something at like 15.00 USD an hour that would be amazing because then I'd only have to work 24 hours a week to get 720.00 USD a month and most likely i'd work 32 hours a week and bring home 960.00 USD a month, thus meaning I could definitely afford my car and a house all the ammenities etc...

Don't put too big a burden on yourself. You can rely on student loans for your college tuition and housing. The interest rates are a bitch, but it will be easy for now and you can pay it off when you have a good job after college.

And don't let your mom dictate your life, even though she is responsible for you. For someone so independent and responsible, you should be able to make some calls too.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
You could always do what I did when I got tired of my mom being a bitch: Do a bunch of coke, wind up in the hospital, go to detox, fall off the wagon, get a dumb PCP loving bitch for a girlfriend, quit school, move into her ****ty bachelor's apartment supplied to her by welfare, work full time and sell drugs on the side, get arrested for knocking a guy's teeth in with your bare hands because he wouldn't pay up, get out of jail, and then hitchike to the town where your estranged father lives, get tired of his **** and move into equally squalid conditions with your cousin and go back to school, get kicked out of school and get fired from work for showing up all strung out all the time, and then get kicked out of your home because it is being condemned because of the volumous amount of mold in the walls, wind up living un the streets and eating at homeless shelters, sell drugs, save up for a decent work outfit and a lawnmower, go door to door for 12 hours a day, mowing people's lawns, whilst still selling drugs, save that money until you can afford a half decent apartment and some clothes, and get a job at McDonald's, working nights as the supervisor for $11 CDN an hour, and take correspondance courses...On and off of course, because although you've finally kicked the cocaine habit, you still have a fondness for whiskey and the party life you've grown accustomed to.

I don't really suggest it, though. Wait it out, and you'll be good to go in a year. As for paying your mom off, do it whenever the hell you want, it's not like she works for her money.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by NorseGodofRock

Every single post I have seen by who vconfirms my opinion that you are one of the stupidest UG members.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by RockerPseudonym
You could always do what I did when I got tired of my mom being a bitch: Do a bunch of coke, wind up in the hospital, go to detox, fall off the wagon, get a dumb PCP loving bitch for a girlfriend, quit school, move into her ****ty bachelor's apartment supplied to her by welfare, work full time and sell drugs on the side, get arrested for knocking a guy's teeth in with your bare hands because he wouldn't pay up, get out of jail, and then hitchike to the town where your estranged father lives, get tired of his **** and move into equally squalid conditions with your cousin and go back to school, get kicked out of school and get fired from work for showing up all strung out all the time, and then get kicked out of your home because it is being condemned because of the volumous amount of mold in the walls, wind up living un the streets and eating at homeless shelters, sell drugs, save up for a decent work outfit and a lawnmower, go door to door for 12 hours a day, mowing people's lawns, whilst still selling drugs, save that money until you can afford a half decent apartment and some clothes, and get a job at McDonald's, working nights as the supervisor for $11 CDN an hour, and take correspondance courses...On and off of course, because although you've finally kicked the cocaine habit, you still have a fondness for whiskey and the party life you've grown accustomed to.

I don't really suggest it, though. Wait it out, and you'll be good to go in a year. As for paying your mom off, do it whenever the hell you want, it's not like she works for her money.

Really man, you have been through all of that? Much respect to you.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Really man, you have been through all of that? Much respect to you.

More like I put myself in those situations. These were things I did because I was too hard-headed to do things anyone else's way. I'm not saying I had the same situation as the TS. My mom's a prison guard, and I have 4 siblings, and we were all wild, so mom was really hard on us because she had to be, you can't really make 5 kids listen if all you have is grounding and you don't have all that much to take away, because you can't really afford that much for everyone anyways. His mom's a real piece of work, though.

Quote by juckfush
k now i'm not gonna get all agro and shiz... but you're parents suck dude! y'know waht they need! for all their friggin bruce springsteen CD's and bloody old people vitamins chucked away, then, put on your friggin heaviest CD and crank the ****! then, they won't have mr brucey bruce to save them, and they'll panic. ofcourse being old they'll have to take vitamins coz that's what old people do, and they won't be there! THEN you can say 'so like wtf can i have a dollar?' simple shiz dude. good luck.

I'd report you, but I don't think UG has a policy on kids with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome having spaz attacks.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Last edited by RockerPseudonym at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by RockerPseudonym
More like I put myself in those situations. These were things I did because I was too hard-headed to do things anyone else's way. I'm not saying I had the same situation as the TS. My mom's a prison guard, and I have 4 siblings, and we were all wild, so mom was really hard on us because she had to be, you can't really make 5 kids listen if all you have is grounding and you don't have all that much to take away, because you can't really afford that much for everyone anyways. His mom's a real piece of work, though.

Yea, of course it's all your choices, but to be way down low, living on the streets and to make a comeback... I admire that.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I really hated where I was, so I made sure I could get out of there. I was making about 50-75 bucks a day with the mowing lawns after expenses (Gas, food and drink) and at least 4 times that selling drugs
Quote by raise_the_dead

Final Fantasy

Quote by Ollieyoufool
Alright so my school has online daily progress reports, and we can check our grades. In english, my teacher handed out a disclosure and it was due friday but we had a substitue who didn't call for it, so me being the person i am thought it wasn't due after all till today. My parent tells me to check said progress reports and it shows 0/10 as the only grade in english due to the missing disclosure statement. That is an f. So I said "Oh the sub never called for it I'll turn it in first thing monday, which i did today and so its an A again. My parent grounded me for a week for it being an F, but now that its fixed i'm still grounded plus more stuff is getting taken away because nobody beleives i handled the situation. So i'm grounded for a week from phone and computer outside of school work. Is this punishment a little harsh in your opinion I mean i handled the grade and fixed it immediately and now there are no problems, so I think I should be ungrounded, but i'm still not and my parent says if I do anything else wrong I have to get rid of my BMW and quit my job and we're going to move....

That sucks you got home issues. Tell your parent to go F themselfs!!!

Anyways BMW NICE!! I have a 2003 E46 330Ci, that i busted my ass and purchased myself! I also just bought a 1991 E30 325i that i use to commute to work! BMW are some of the best all around affordable luxury sports cars on the market! I absolutely love them!

Best of luck to You!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Page 1 of 2