ok ive seen people do it, i can just about get how natural harmonics work, but can some one provide a detailed description of how you actually do a pinch harmonic? ive got a distortion pedal so hows it done??
right a pinch harmonic is a type of artificial harmonic, and is played by just touching the string after you have played a note, usually done with the thumb. There are tutorials on here that explain it far better than I can
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
when you pick down try and get the tip of your thumb to touch the string right after.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
i just make the noise with my mouth when i want one . WEEEEEEE
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
I just sinch way up on the pick, hold it near the tip ( I usually play pretty far up anyway) and rotate your hand in such a way that your thumb hits the string immediately after the pick, like nanoseconds after. Works best with distortion and bridge pickup and over a harmonic node. Try right over the neck pickup on the 2nd or 3rd string.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
it just takes practice, took me a month or 2 to get them going properly
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
they take practice. just practice holding the end of your pick close to your thumb
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by Love, KoRn
ok ive seen people do it, i can just about get how natural harmonics work, but can some one provide a detailed description of how you actually do a pinch harmonic? ive got a distortion pedal so hows it done??

first off you have to be able to hold your thumb just right so that it hits the string your trying to do a harmonic on try ,go ahead and practice..alot......ok got it? now that you have got it on a basic mote..the tricky part is not all guitars make the same harmonic..to make it easier on you make sure you have alot of gain on your amp so that the strings are alittle more sensitive and you basicly have to feel out the sweet spots on your guitar for each string when pinching..i know this may be confusing but i had to leaen it on my own.

also if your trying to play a song and cant get the pinch in just right...try palm muteing the strings until you hit the harmonic(the extra vibration may be killing the sound)..and thats a basic of it..if you need more help in it go to youtube and type in pinch harmonics...that will help you alot....and good luck
yea def it takes a lotta practice
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.