And my parents as always try the "So what things have you been looking at recently?" approach to asking me what I want. Truth is I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and a B-52 75 Watt SS Amp. Recently I've been playing a lot of Foo Fighters (both their "mellow" stuff and harder grunge-like rock). I need to know.... which is more important... a guitar or the amp? I've always said the amp, but my friends say guitar. I think my guitar is nice and my effects fit me well. But my amp to me is what I need. So any ideas. As said earlier, I have no idea of price but I'd say no more than 700 US. Thanks in advance.
Amp affects 90% of your tone. Your friends are n00bs probably. I wouldn't know which amp to grab, but I'm assuming you could get a great amp for that kind of price.
yea. amp is more important. How about a B-52 AT-112. seems like it would work. idk about price tho. A Peavey Classic 30 would work as well. And yea, u have a nice guitar. i want one, but there a little outta my price range until i get a job.
A peavey classic would be great,

or maybe one of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/tube-guitar-combo-amps?N=100001+330843&Ntk=All&Ntt=traynor&Nty=1

I can get a great FF sound, except maybe for the fuzz sounds they use.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Make sure you get a TUBE amp. I cannot emphasize that enough. I'm not just a tube freak - there really is a significant difference.

Also, I can highly recommend the following amp: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-Jr.-NOS-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-Lacquer-Tweed-with-Jensen-Speakers?sku=483711

I own that Blues Jr myself, and I think it could handle Foo material very well (especially the cleans). I own an Epi LP Custom too and it sounds awesome through that amp. Just add your fav. distortion pedal to it and you'll be in tube tone heaven!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by Flummery
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-Series-FW120HS-120W-HalfStack?sku=481416

i played this at the GHoG in Rochester and it sounded wonderful. it almost made me want to switch back to playing guitar from bass.

I'm sorry, but I can basically garauntee you that that SS Crate is designed and manufactured for posers who want a half stack sitting behind them because they feel insecure about the size of their wang.

For that price, go tube.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
dont pay 525 for a blues junior. you might as well get a blues deluxe, sounds better, everything is better etc.
Check out Pignoses maybe?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs