So i got a new laptop with Windows Vista, which i heard isn't all too great. It worked fine for a while, but now under certain conditions it will freeze. Those are if the computer has been awoke from sleep and if iTunes is on, there is a good chance it will just give me a black screen. Any answers or advice on where to turn would be much appreciated. Thanks
Quote by k-log
So i got a new laptop with Windows Vista, which i heard isn't all too great. It worked fine for a while, but now under certain conditions it will freeze. Those are if the computer has been awoke from sleep and if iTunes is on, there is a good chance it will just give me a black screen. Any answers or advice on where to turn would be much appreciated. Thanks

I can help you here. http://support.microsoft.com/

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
it means you're computer is under powered for windows vista (it operates too slowly) u need a bigger proessor more ram and more hard drive space
That kind of happens with my laptop after a while. What I have to do to turn the screen back on is to close the lid and then open it again. Could be a different scenario for you, but worth a shot.
Hibernating eats up memory, and all OS's tend to leak memory after it.

Reboot Will solve.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by k-log
So i got a new laptop with Windows Vista

Vista is a rather malicious virus which can only be destroyed by a full system format.
Bull****. Vista > all other OS's.

If it aint running right, you need a better pc. Simple as. It requires power. I hate people whining about how it crahes all the time on their ****ty little 256mb HP laptops from 5 years ago.
Whats your comp spec?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by NemesisX
Bull****. Vista > all other OS's.

If it aint running right, you need a better pc. Simple as. It requires power. I hate people whining about how it crahes all the time on their ****ty little 256mb HP laptops from 5 years ago.

A steaming pile of excrement > Every OS > Vista
Give peace a chance
Yea it's a new dell inspiron 1501 laptop. Not saying i should've got a dell, but it did come bundled with vista so it should have the power to handle it right?
Quote by k-log
Yea it's a new dell inspiron 1501 laptop. Not saying i should've got a dell, but it did come bundled with vista so it should have the power to handle it right?

Your only hope is to install Linux over it
Give peace a chance
Quote by shibbythestoner
A steaming pile of excrement > Every OS > Vista

Every OS > A steaming pile of excrement > Castration > Vista

Fixed

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by pancakes
Every OS > A steaming pile of excrement > Castration > Vista

Fixed

Ok, how about,

every OS == a steaming pile of excrement > castration without anesthetics > Vista
Give peace a chance
Pathetic. Typical wannabe answer - 'Just install Linux'. Yeah - that's obviously the solution to all home computer user problems. Install a still conparatively difficult-to-grasp OS.

Seriously, TS - ignore this bull****. Instead of hibernating, just reboot it. It's memory leaks - it happens in all XP too. The other option would be to buy more memory, but that usually ends up expensive in laptops.
Quote by NemesisX
...Just install Linux... Yeah - that's obviously the solution to all home computer user problems...

I'm glad that you agree, Nem
Vista's a RAM-lover. How much RAM do you have anyway? My new laptop has 2Gigs and it's doing perfectly fine with Vista. The simplest and most cost friendly solution I can think of for you is to get a 4GB USB storage device and use that as extra RAM with Vista's Ready Boost <- I think that's what it's called - just google it. Well that will only solve your problem if it's because of the lack of RAM in the first place.

If you want real computer help post in this forum: http://www.pchelpforum.com
The guys there are really helpful and help me solve my Vista problems. I hope Microsoft fixes the major problems with SP1. My friends all say Vista's just another ME, but I hope it isn't - but at the moment it isn't looking too good.

Edit: I just thought of something else, irrelevant to your problem, if you are having problems with Vista eating up you`re hard drive, be sure to resize the maximum size allocated towards your Shadow Copy storage through command prompt. Anyways good look with Vista.
Last edited by acersucks at Sep 10, 2007,
Quote by acersucks
Vista's a RAM-lover. How much RAM do you have anyway? My new laptop has 2Gigs and it's doing perfectly fine with Vista. The simplest and most cost friendly solution I can think of for you is to get a 4GB USB storage device and use that as extra RAM with Vista's Ready Boost <- I think that's what it's called - just google it. Well that will only solve your problem if it's because of the lack of RAM in the first place.

If you want real computer help post in this forum: http://www.pchelpforum.com
The guys there are really helpful and help me solve my Vista problems. I hope Microsoft fixes the major problems with SP1. My friends all say Vista's just another ME, but I hope it isn't - but at the moment it isn't looking too good.

Vista swallows RAM like a slut guzzles cum