I'm looking for an amp upgrade....cause this one blows for jazz....sixth, ninth, and thirteenth chords distort like mad.

SO

i'm looking for a good amp....tubed, which would not only be good for jazz but also with a good ability to take an overdrive/distort pedal.

to sum it up, what's the best clean i can get for under 500 bux?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I was going to suggest a Roland Jazz Chorus, but you said you wanted tube, and under 500 bucks, I don't really know to be honest. Not many amps are aimed at jazz players.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Hmmm, if you can go used, keep your eyes out for a Fender Deluxe Reverb, and if not you could check out the peavey classic 30, fender blues junior, and crate v16/v32. They all have great cleans, though I haven't tried the classic 30's.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
alright...theres a fender dealer downtown. ill check those out...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Interested in buying used? if you up your budget a bit you could get a 70's silverface Twin Reverb, for around 600. Which will be perfect for jazz if you perform, seeing as theres hardly any breakup at human hearing abilities.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
If you're willing to give up the tube route, a Roland Jazz Chorus is pretty much perfect for jazz (as the name implies) or really any type of clean tones.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Kid Fisto
alright...theres a fender dealer downtown. ill check those out...

hahaha. the amps they sell there are jokes. they're the bottom of the line solid states. I don't think you can get a good fender tube amp for under 500.
Quote by Hendrix134
hahaha. the amps they sell there are jokes. they're the bottom of the line solid states. I don't think you can get a good fender tube amp for under 500.

I have a Fender Blues Jr. that has an excellent clean sound and I think I only paid around $350 for it.