Im looking for a bass multi-effects pedal that is relatively cheap and has to have Synth, wah, and delay or else I dont want it.Any pedal you can reccomend me would be great but please include some sound clips if there arent any already.

p.s.
Zoom b2.1?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
The Boss ME-50B is supposed to be pretty good. It's not too cheap though (around $350 CDN around here). Also, you can't combine effects like Chorus, Flanger and Delay b/c they're all in the same "Family" on the board.

The Boss GT-6B allows you to do all that though, but it's even more expensive.

The Digitech BP200 seems pretty alright though:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-BP200-Bass-Modeling-Processor?sku=150162

I would think though that the quality of the effects go up with the price.

EDIT: Just finished listening to most of the samples for the Digitech... the "No Fret" and "Stand Up" emulators are pretty bad.
Last edited by Charlatan_001 at Sep 10, 2007,
Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Just finished listening to most of the samples for the Digitech... the "No Fret" and "Stand Up" emulators are pretty bad.

I thought the fretless emulator was decent, actually. The standup one was insulting, but the strings made up for it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Digitech's bp200 will do the trick! not sure on the price of it nower days but relativly good for the price i paid
Quote by thefitz
I thought the fretless emulator was decent, actually. The standup one was insulting, but the strings made up for it.

Yeah, the strings setting is pretty cool. Imagine that with an eBow...
I use a Digitech Sythn Wah Envelope Filter. Its the X Series so it cost me around £90. However its great and you get a load of different settings you can try.
Quote by vickers89
I use a Digitech Sythn Wah Envelope Filter. Its the X Series so it cost me around £90. However its great and you get a load of different settings you can try.

No delay though, but I've heard good things about it.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Ive had my eye on the digitech 200 for a while now but what about the zoom brands?

Also in anyones oppinion is auto or pedal better?
Quote by c3powil
Ive had my eye on the digitech 200 for a while now but what about the zoom brands?

Zoom pedals are made of cheap plastic and look as fragile as hell. Also, there's nothing better about either an envelope filter or a wah pedal; they just have different sounds. That said, the Dunlop Crybaby 105Q seems to have the flavour of both mixed into one.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by c3powil

Zoom pedals are horrendous. Just don't go there, because they sound pure crap.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
digitech BP80 can do it and it's still pretty cool too
just heads up cause the pedal can get broken it you stomp on it too hard

it's durbale as hell, just the magnet under the expression pedal get get pwnd if you put too much stress on it.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
alrighty but i was referring to what Collinplaysbass said about pedal or auto.
can someone explain the diff?
Quote by c3powil
alrighty but i was referring to what Collinplaysbass said about pedal or auto.
can someone explain the diff?

An 'auto-wah' is properly called an envelope filter. An envelope filter follows the envelope (decay/attack, the shape) of your note and sweeps the midrange and bass and treble depending on the 'way' you attack the note and the way the pedal is set up. It gives the impression of a wah pedal, but frankly, they barely sound alike. They both are sweepy, but that's about it.

A wah pedal's envelope sweep is controlled by the expression pedal. You manually sweep.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
multi pedals won't be good for any of those things except delay. You're better off buying 3 individual pedals even if it means waiting 3 times as long.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by thefitz
An 'auto-wah' is properly called an envelope filter. An envelope filter follows the envelope (decay/attack, the shape) of your note and sweeps the midrange and bass and treble depending on the 'way' you attack the note and the way the pedal is set up. It gives the impression of a wah pedal, but frankly, they barely sound alike. They both are sweepy, but that's about it.

A wah pedal's envelope sweep is controlled by the expression pedal. You manually sweep.

thanks, thefitz

the one thing I dont like about the digitech b200 is that you cant tweek the settings or change it.
Re: Zoom B2.1u's: They're fine for playing with during practice et cetera because they're cheap, light and easier to carry to and from band practice and the like, but they are not meant for and won't stand (for long) live practice, and at the end of the day they sound like what they are, budget emulators of real effects.

I'd personally pick up an envelope filter, wah pedal and delay pedal seperately if you're set on those three. You'll be glad of it. I know I'm going for an effects rig using much more than just those three, and I'm getting it in individual pieces because you get a lot more control over your signal, the effects almost invariably sound better and to me, it's a lot less confusing because instead of a box with who knows how many buttons, you get practically colour coded pedals at your feet and you don't need a pilot license to work them all.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 11, 2007,
Like I said before, if you're really on a budget, the Crybaby 105Q is a very 'whisle-y' wah that sounds very much like an envelope filter. It can do double duty better than any other pedal, but there is indeed no need for both in the same song. You'll never use the wah and an envelope filter. However, some songs just BEG for specifically one, or specifically the other.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
LINE 6 BASS POD...omg

they're great, i've gotten several compliments on my tone when i had one and they had all the effects you could use. get the new floor pod and it has the expression pedal, so it's better than an auto-wah, and it still has all the effects you want and more.

the only reason i don't have one now? i needed an amp, so i took it back to gc, and traded for a behringer...haha, big mistake.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by thefitz
Zoom pedals are made of cheap plastic and look as fragile as hell. Also, there's nothing better about either an envelope filter or a wah pedal; they just have different sounds. That said, the Dunlop Crybaby 105Q seems to have the flavour of both mixed into one.

+1 to the crybaby remark, but the plastic zoom's aren't at all that fragile, but the sound quality isnt great.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
So I bought a bass floor pod...
for delay i like the boss dd-3's

for wah......... if you like a regular wah i'd recommend a crybaby........
my favorites are the morley power wahs... but theyre way too agressive for some people....