Poll: Is the Ipod Touch worth the extra $150?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is the Ipod Touch worth the extra $150?
Yes
27 26%
No
75 74%
Voters: 102.
Page 1 of 2
The new Ipod Touch is pretty cool but its expensive (especially if you get the 16gb which I would be getting) and the Ipod classic is thin and holds a Sh*t load of music. So is it worth it to get the Ipod touch or just go for the classic?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
classic...the touch really doesn't look like anything special and 16GB isn't much at all...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Touch.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Go bigger or go home!
Haha, honestly I don't think it will really matter all that much, if you want the internet feature go for the touch, if you want loads of space for songs, which would be very expensive if you fill your iPod legally. Personally i'd go for the classic because the internet only works in certain areas :p
Last edited by Paddock at Sep 10, 2007,
Quote by RageAgainst...
classic...the touch really doesn't look like anything special and 16GB isn't much at all...

I figure the smaller size wont hinder me much, I hadnt planned on using videos and even if my Itunes library exceeds 16gb, I can always pick and choose what i want on my Ipod. I dont need all my music all the time, but it would be nice .. still undecided
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
don't buy the touch... its brand new technology. never buy brand new technology, it will have a ****load of bugs and problems for the first generation or two at the minimum.
Quote by SoccerRM1
I figure the smaller size wont hinder me much, I hadnt planned on using videos and even if my Itunes library exceeds 16gb, I can always pick and choose what i want on my Ipod. I dont need all my music all the time, but it would be nice .. still undecided
well for me it's all about the memory space...if you don't think you need it then i suppose you should go for the touch...i don't really know the prices though and that could change things
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I have an iPod Clickwheel / Classic, and I love it. The new iPod Touch is an iPhone without the phone. Buy an iPhone instead. They've dropped in prices dramatically.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by Wiggly
don't buy the touch... its brand new technology. never buy brand new technology, it will have a ****load of bugs and problems for the first generation or two at the minimum.

Im not sure if there will be a lot of problems with it, but I do think that i'll get all pissed off when the next generation of touch comes out and its like a 80gb version and i'm stuck with 16.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Wiggly

x2.. It will have a lot of bugs for a while.

I remember when the NANO came out, For 2-3 months all the screens would break.
Quote by Ehh
I have an iPod Clickwheel / Classic, and I love it. The new iPod Touch is an iPhone without the phone. Buy an iPhone instead. They've dropped in prices dramatically.

verizon doenst have iphones....
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Neither...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Quote by Wiggly

Yeah, because the touch-screen and wi-fi are new technology.
the only really good feature about the touch is internet and its touch screen. but for less u can have wayyyyy more space for music which is better.

im getting an iphone for christmas!!!!!!!
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Sep 10, 2007,
Quote by SoccerRM1
verizon doenst have iphones....

So switch phone companies? The Clickwheel (now called Classic ) would be the smarter choice. 80GB is a decent music collection.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by Ehh
So switch phone companies? The Clickwheel (now called Classic ) would be the smarter choice. 80GB is a decent music collection.

mom workes for verizon so i get a nice discount + i think im stuck into one of those 2 year dealies
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
if you live in the states buy an iPhone
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
if you live in the states buy an iPhone

he just said he doesnt want to switch from verizon...lol
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
since your a musicians....you probably have a huge library of music and want to take your music EVERYWHERE and all of it too. Ipod Touch is kewl I'd want one but honetsly....16GB???? you gotta be kidding me idk what I can put on that. Now I am looking for things such as the most capacity. Along the road the Ipod touch will improve and will have a lot of storage. For now I am still sticking with my Ipod Video....its still good unless I run out of room....30GB seemed a lot when I bought it....
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
i have a 1st generation 2gb ipod nano =( it barely holds anything.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Well it has a camera and touch screen....

But the question comes.... is it really worth it??
Answer's a big NO!!!

I've got the 4th generation 60gb ipod photo...
Which got ****ed about 1 n half years after i bought it!!

Be sensible, get a creative or sony or something elz!! They last longer, have a better sound quality, better customizable and worth the money!
Honestly the better deal is the Classic, but me being dumb and a lover of Apples new stuff, Id probably buy the touch and will once I get a job after these two semesters at school. (:
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by FireandFlames
30GB Creative Zen Vision:M

Amen.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by funkbass369
i have a 1st generation 2gb ipod nano =( it barely holds anything.

Lol Same here got it the first day it came out for my B-day, my dad bought it for me when he was out of town, I didnt know he would buy me one. Guess what a week or so later they came out with the video and I was pissed.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
well i'm going for the Itouch 16 gig. That holds 3500 songs and i only have about 1000. And i only need one video on at a time. But the biggest plus is the wi fi. That means i can surf through endless youtube videos and even get on UG while i'm stuck at school (we have lots of useless wasted time where we are aloud to listen to our ipods). So the touch is well worth it if i can get my fix of UG while i'm at school
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Just did some more research and the 80 gig classic iPod lasts 30 hours fully charged and the iPod touch only lasts 24 hours. If you get the 160 gig Classic, it can last up to 40 hours fully charged. The touch internet can only be used in certain areas with wifi connectivity.

Classic FTW???
If you want an iPhone, get an iPhone.
If you want an iPod, get an iPod.
DON'T MIX THEM
DON'T MESS WITH A WORKING FORMULA.
Quote by Paddock
Just did some more research and the 80 gig classic iPod lasts 30 hours fully charged and the iPod touch only lasts 24 hours. If you get the 160 gig Classic, it can last up to 40 hours fully charged. The touch internet can only be used in certain areas with wifi connectivity.

Classic FTW???

I was also wondering about the wi-fi internet.. is there a subscription and/or anybody know what the service is like?
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Paddock

Classic FTW???

ya but the entire world is upgrading to wi fi. It won't be long.

Plus im sure if you wait no more than two months they will make the "new" 100 gig touch phone right in time for christmas.
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
I heard that you don't have to purchase a subscription, but you do need to find an area with wi fi that you can use.

Personally, I have a 60 gig video from the christmas before last and its busted
Quote by Paddock
I heard that you don't have to purchase a subscription, but you do need to find an area with wi fi that you can use.

ya its completly free. And they are doing a deal so that all star bucks will be "wi fi hotspots" . PLUS almost all mcdonalds (isn't it classy) are wi fi now too.
Quote by iantheman
Yeah, you can use the wi-fi free in all sorts of places, I'm pretty sure you can also set it up in your house from your internet connection.

I'd get the touch, I already have a full 20 gig iPod and I wouldn't mind if it was a quarter of that size, you will never need that much music at one time, just switch around what's on it if you get tired of it.

As far as the classic goes, I think it's pretty lame, Apple just keeps making everything smaller and hold more, that's boring, I've been waiting for something with big changes, and that's what the iPod Touch is.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
touch most definitely
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by LespaulsRcool
ya its completly free. And they are doing a deal so that all star bucks will be "wi fi hotspots" . PLUS almost all mcdonalds (isn't it classy) are wi fi now too.

personally, i'd rather wait on a few years for wi-fi to become more common before i make an investment in something that i wont be able to use some/most of the time (especially if the hard drive is small). I think i've made my decision to get the classic.. thanks UG
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Page 1 of 2