I cant get my action anywhere near low, and i have the bridge lowered all the way. The neck seems to be way off. what do action to take? any truss rod/neck pros?

you can see how much relief it gives, and it doesnt even looking straight with the body.

Also, the action is really high, but however, i get no notation from the 10th/12th fret all the way up the neck to the 22 fret. even the action is high, i just get the fretted note of the 22nd fret, no matter where i fret.
fight the power that be
your neck is warped, you can fix it by relaxing the neck, but you should get that done by a professional
right now its very tight, i guess the guy who had it before me did that, loosten it?
fight the power that be
^WHAT?^^

ok if you dont know what ur talking about dont post.
*EDIT: i was talking to the guy who deleted his post. not the guy above me now.

measure the neck angle.

fret the Low E at the first fret. at the same time,
fret the Low E at the last fret where the neck and body meet.

with both places held look at the middle frets.

if the string lays on the fretwire there, u dont have enough gap
if the string is more than a credit card thickness up from the wire there, you have too much bend.

this is all with a level bridge.

measure and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 11, 2007,
yeah, its about 3 or 4 credit card widths. i have loostened the neck now though, because ive dealt with truss rods before, and i know they shouldnt be so tight you can barely move it and have to take a blunt object to hit the allen wrench to loosten it.
fight the power that be
you may need to put a shim between the neck and neck pocket. or you may need to put a shim between the nut and neck.

lol, ive got a lot of experience making cheapo guitars play good/better and those 2 little tricks help a lot. you should be able to figure out what each one does and why you would do it.. and if you need to do it.

the neck shim (usually use a thin pick, though ive read its best to have a solid peice of matieral all the way across the neck pocket) will angle the headstock back some. useful if you cant lower the saddles any more.

a nut shim (usually use peices of paper all the way across the gap) will raise the strings up off the beginning frets and allow you to lower the saddles more.

again, theres more to it than what ive said, but if youve got some time you should be able to figure it out. plus, if youre not going to have high-end guitars all your life this experience will probably come in handy some day.

be careful with that truss rod!
that sounds like it could work, but the problem isnt so much the space, its the disgustingly large amount of relief in the neck. the action is decent at the highest frets, and its a little high, but not as high at the nut, but the middle is just rediculous. and im cheesed off becaue this guitar was 700-800 new in 1999.
fight the power that be
wow that sucks to have paid that much... sorry...

yea, i dont know exactly what the problem is and even with pics and long descriptions i probably couldnt help that much, thats why i just told ya that.

are you sure youve been turning the truss rod the right way and havent done exactly the opposite? thats kinda what it sounds like to me.
Quote by Guitarzan1143
yeah, its about 3 or 4 credit card widths. i have loostened the neck now though, because ive dealt with truss rods before, and i know they shouldnt be so tight you can barely move it and have to take a blunt object to hit the allen wrench to loosten it.

ok a clockwise turn. try detuning first. maybe some lubrication to help move the stuck nut.
also a very little jab in the opposite direction can sometimes get the nut moving, then back the correct way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011