Well I will soon be starting on my first guitar build. Right now, I have a Squier strat and I like it a lot, but its time I upgrade. I am interested in doing two things but cant decide which one to do.

idea #1

Buy an alder blank from my local woodsource, and custom make a flying V body. If I took this route, it would be very similar to a jackson RR shape. I would make it very simple (hardtail bridge, humbucker in bridge, single coil in the neck) I would buy a neck from ebay( either a jackson, Ibanez, or esp), and bolt it on. I would paint it snow white and it would have all black hardware.

idea #2

completely modify my existing strat. This would include a new neck, ALL new hardware, pickups, and paint. I would paint it snow white, and it would have all black hardware. If I choose to do this, I would want either a jackson, Ibanez, or an esp neck on it. IS this possible? Do any of their necks have the same heel as fenders/squier. If not, could I glue in a new piece of wood in the heel and route out a new pocket to hold a neck of my choice?

PLease, please give any answers or comments. I would deeply appreciate it!
I have acces to any tool you can think of, so that isnt a problem. Right now, I am leaning towards the strat, b/c they are my favorite guitars and it would be a lot cheaper and easier. thanks
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
i'd go with choice one, as it's your own custom shape
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
idea one imo, sounds cooler. although you could just go buy an rr3...
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
choice 1 would be cool, as long as u can route p/up cavities. 2 could be done kind-of. u could try to get a slim neck from Warmoth and do the head stock. but go with number 1. itll be alot of fun for u, and, if u post pics and describe wat u do, itll help us out. projectguitar.com has alot of helpful stuff on it to help u out. good luck!
I just looked on ebay, and it seems a few jackson necks fit squiers/fenders without any modifications.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume