Page 1 of 2
My dad has a smartphone (Qtek S200) and I don't understand in what the iphone is better than a smartphone (for these that don't know, a smartphone is the mix of a cellphone and a PDA).
The phone of my dad has a touch screen, music player, writing tools, spreadsheets, calendar, skype, WiFi, digital camera (though it's not very good), and you can even buy (or download) software for it (it uses windows mobile 5.0)

So I don't get what exactly is so new and innovative about the iphone.
Can someone explain to me what's so great about it?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

It's got "I" in front of it.

That instantly makes it the greatest thing on the planet.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
i dont know. but i have one. and i love it.

edit: and im sick of people who dont even own one bashing it.
it has the best UI. and you can get apps for it......
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
It's from the Apple corporation. Like the Ipod. Imac. Itunes. I-everything. Lol. That's one reason. And your phone/PDA, well its a phone/PDA. The iPhone is a phone, with alot of fancy **** similar to a PDA. And it has itunes. Lol.
Quote by evan1234567

So you expect us to buy it, then bash it?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by I floss daily
You can turn it horizontally and the image will rotate 90 degrees!!!!

This. I can think of no better application of modern technology than to make an image rotate when its screen is rotated 90 degrees.

Seriously, though, it's slick. And Apple has proved that people will pay a lot of money for slick.
Probly costs less than your dads phone, and probably you have to use a stylus not your finger
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
It can do 10 million things that 10 million other things can do, but it does them all at once.

Which for some reason makes people like it. Better to be best at one thing than good at everything in my opinion. Plus it's one of those cases where the Apple name carries a lot of weight.

EDIT:

Quote by SOMETHINGSOAD
an mp2 player

?

Got it before you changed it.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Last edited by screamsoftly at Sep 10, 2007,
its a phone and an mp3 player whats not to like!!!!!/sarcasm

I do not know. one of my friends has one and i tried it its not even all that great.and it feel strange when you make a call on it too
Quote by andy_thomas
It's got "I" in front of it.

That instantly makes it the greatest thing on the planet.

hahahaha classic
yea it is pretty sweet but it is a little overhyped imo... then again im prolly saying that cuz like a week before it was announced i switched from cingular to verizon so now i cant get one
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Nothing!!

Its from Apple...

They like to make people believe their products are superior than everything elz around!!
Like the Mac, iPod, Logic and now iPhone.
They're just overpriced and there are better products around...
Quote by Tedrick
Probly costs less than your dads phone, and probably you have to use a stylus not your finger

Actually, the Qtek is cheaper, and you can use your finger though it's better with the small plastic pointer because the finger will make the screen dirty
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The fact that it's affordable now makes it a lot better. And I've used my uncle's, you really have to try it to understand why there's so good.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
whats so great about an ipod? whats so great about itunes? whats so great about mac computers?

i think its cuz they make everything kind of artsy. like the apple store in the city. **** it i'd shop in there its a glass box in the middle of the street
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by evan1234567

If anyone hates anything why would they own it?

We ought to follow you to every thread and watch you bitch about albums and **** you haven't even heard.
I play guitar
Quote by tubab0y
The fact that it's affordable now makes it a lot better. And I've used my uncle's, you really have to try it to understand why there's so good.

+1.

finally.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Nothing!!

Its from Apple...

They like to make people believe their products are superior than everything elz around!!
Like the Mac, iPod, Logic and now iPhone.
They're just overpriced and there are better products around...

well some stuff they make is pretty supperior.... as far as combining music, internet, and phone together the iphone is the best thing out right now that does that crap.

i also prefer the ipod to like everything else because its alot easier to use then other stuff

the macs are completely overpriced though...
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
it is actually cheaper to buy an iphone and sign up for a 2 year plan than it is to buy some other smart phones and pay for a 2 year plan. with the iphone apple is up front about the cost.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
And yeah the iPhone is nothing cooler than a PDA phone....

I've got a HP PDA phone.... its got a camera, you can throw in a 4GB SD card in for music...
As it operates on Windows you can download loads of games n softwares for it. Its got wi-fi, bluetooth, infrared n all that stuff...
Can use msn messenger on it... n basically overall its better and cheaper than the iphone!!

iPhone is just another over hyped product that came out of Apple's factory!
Quote by )Eric(Draven
If anyone hates anything why would they own it?

We ought to follow you to every thread and watch you bitch about albums and **** you haven't even heard.

actually..

i dont do that.
Quote by fallingforever
it is actually cheaper to buy an iphone and sign up for a 2 year plan than it is to buy some other smart phones and pay for a 2 year plan. with the iphone apple is up front about the cost.

A 2 year plan? What are you talking about?
Don't you just buy it?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

iPhones are pretty neat, but overhyped like some others have said. If enough people get it, "iPhone" will probably replace the word "phone" like "iPod" has done with "mp3 player." (I don't do this. People who do are stupid.) I think it's an alright purchase. It's the iPod Touch that's kind of pissing me off. It looks exactly like the iPhone and does less. Might as well buy the damn phone.
no you have to buy the phone, then you sign up for a cell phone plan. now that they lowered the price of the phone its a lot cheaper to own a iphone than many smart phones
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
that would annoy the hell out of me,
its ****in portable, it probly turns each step you take while walking while using it

Well I guess that it gets into a sleep mode in which it stops doing that kind of stuff. If it wasn't that way, it would get the battery drained off very fast.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by fallingforever
no you have to buy the phone, then you sign up for a cell phone plan. now that they lowered the price of the phone its a lot cheaper to own a iphone than many smart phones

My dad just bought his phone. No signing :\
So you don't only buy an overpriced product, but also have to sign for a two years plan?
Can't you just buy it alone and stick whatever SIM card you want in it?

Just for the record, I'm not an iphone hater. I just think that it's very overrated. All what it does, was made long before and was cheaper.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Sep 10, 2007,
Quote by fallingforever
whoever wrote that is an ignorant idiot and is obviously full of himself.

maddox is full of himself but that article holds its points very well

Quote by urik

My dad just bought it his phone :\
So you don't only buy an overpriced product, but also have to sign for a two years plan?
Can't you just buy it alone and stick whatever SIM card you want in it?

Just for the record, I'm not an iphone hater. I just think that it's very overrated. All what it does, was made long before and was cheaper.

people managed to hack it a couple of weeks ago so you can use whatever SIM card/network/whatever
I-Mate >>>> iPhone

iPhone is not a new concept...
It has been done before by loads other manufacturers....

Apple just like to pretend its a completely new concept!!

I had a Nokia N-Gage which could play games, movies, music and radio...
And way wayy cheaper than the iPhone..!!
And was made 5years ago by Nokia....

Music player + Phone = nothing new!!
Quote by burndttoast
iPhones are pretty neat, but overhyped like some others have said. If enough people get it, "iPhone" will probably replace the word "phone" like "iPod" has done with "mp3 player." (I don't do this. People who do are stupid.) I think it's an alright purchase. It's the iPod Touch that's kind of pissing me off. It looks exactly like the iPhone and does less. Might as well buy the damn phone.

thats because the Ipod was the first of its kind. The Iphone is just a phone.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Like someone else said, it's not the first smart-phone, but it's the slickest. People will pay for that.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
nothing is great about the iphone nor the itouch(i think thats what its called) nor the new ipod nanos that are coming out but the ipod classics i believe is going to be great
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Quote by I floss daily
You can turn it horizontally and the image will rotate 90 degrees!!!!

my mp3 player does that, kinda. if you switch it on and its rotated, sideways, the screen will be rotated to compensate
Page 1 of 2