... for a begginer? I searched but didn't find a clear answer as to whether it was normal or not.
It's normal, you should find a way to correct it though.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
well I stopped curving my wrist so much, but I think I might at strained it enough yesterday to make it sore for a while. I had teh guitar tilted towards me so I could see the frets instead of directly vertical all day yesterday and learned that that isnt good even to practice.

anyway, so its normal, but something I need to correct, not something that I will naturally become use too?
dude, i think mines dislocated. and theres some weird deformity growing out of my wrisr and it aches sometimes...

get used to it.

haha
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Well you may get used to your wrist hurting and not care. If it's hurting, it's not comfortable, and it will affect your playing.

Here are some helpful tutorials/lessons on how to correct yourself in different ways other than wrists.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/correct_practice/how_to_prevent_repetitive_strain_injury.html

http://ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/correct_practice/discover_your_discomfort.html

Keep your wrist somewhat straight with your forearm. Don't curve it alot.
^I actually was gonna just ignore it for a while and see if it was something begginers had to get used to... but then I thought I don't wanna end up in the docs office for carpel tunnel in 3 years haha
If you feel pain or discomfort you are doing something wrong, as you should not feel pain. The most common reason people have sore wrists is because they have their strap too low, if this is the case, raise it up, having your guitar down around your junk looks stupid anyway,

There are several good articles online about proper positioning and the like that I suggest you check out
^funny u should mention that because I thought that was how they were supposed to be worn at first... then I went to youtube and looked a bunch of videos and learned how wrong I was haha. I ended up trying to model my strap height with BB king's... a little high.

Either way I practice almost always sitting down so I don't think thats it.

Also thanks for those links Tsel... too bad this place doesnt have reps
I just did some adjusting and noticed that... when I try to keep my thumb in the "proper" position, about 3/4 of the way up the fret board it forces me to bend my wrist. when I put it really high, even poking passed the top of the fret board, it is much more comfortable and allows me to straighten my wrist.

I read doing your thumb like that is ok once you are a little experienced, but bad for begginers. should I just play however is comfortable?
Quote by Wiggly
I just did some adjusting and noticed that... when I try to keep my thumb in the "proper" position, about 3/4 of the way up the fret board it forces me to bend my wrist. when I put it really high, even poking passed the top of the fret board, it is much more comfortable and allows me to straighten my wrist.

I read doing your thumb like that is ok once you are a little experienced, but bad for begginers. should I just play however is comfortable?

Don't put your thumb in the "proper" position. If you mean it's pointing up in the middle of the fret board. Ignore that little rule. No one uses it and it's retarded ha
cool I think i pretty much got it figured out, thanks for the help and articles all! much appreciated

and... I guess I'll go see a doctor about my herpes? haha
i never felt any wrist pain while i was a begginer :] hurts maybe because you're holding it wrong?