Page 1 of 2
My band is set to play at a member's friend's high school party.

(Edit: We are a metal band that has those scream vocals). www.myspace.com/theunveiled to see what i mean.

Alcohol will be present, pot i dont know.

We will be playing outside on a porch.

Theres an entry fee (but not for us), we will be paid with the alcohol (though I don't drink). Otherwise, no $$$ payment. Its for a bunch of jocks (like high school football team supposedly).

So, what are the dangers of getting in trouble for this?
All kids will be underage, and i will be the "RESPONSIBLE ADULT" as the 18 year old.

If police come, say.
It will be outside, i dont know how the noise will work out. Noise can get bands in trouble, we've had a practice stop early because of stupid people across the street.

Discuss?
Freebird!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
The only choice you have is to play or not to play. Turning down would be a pansy move, so don't do it. I don't think noise pollution could land you in jail.
Peace.
Yes, but the underaged kids with alcohol/possibly pot, and myself being the 18 year old...

Besides, we will be outside playing screamy metal.
If the Po-Po do turn up just play some universal "Get Along" tune like "99 Red Balloons"
They'll be boogying with you and calling all their other fuzzy buddies to come join =]
Just play and if the cops show up stay there or you wont get your gear back.

(are you bringing your own Amp???) If not then just unhook the guitar and leggit.

being the Oldest dude is bad for you but still just do it. the most you will get is Breaching the Peace.
Yeah that's a definite no go.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Yeah, im bringing my own amp. Its a 112 however. The other guitarist (whose friends party it is) is bringing a half-stack, so running isnt exactly the easiest option, considering im 18, too.
If they are rich the cops might let you off. If they have no warrant they can't actually do anything. If you don't drink you won't get in any trouble. If you do they will probably just breathalize you and take you home. That is if you don't run, but with equipment it seems really hard to run. Don't drink and you'll be fine.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Not a song suggestion, but tell them to keep all drinking/smoking/secksing in the house. That way if someone calls the cops for disturbing the peace, you can't all get busted for having alcohol/weed/underage sex present. If all those things were kept to upstairs room and/or a basement, that would work best. Anyone who wants to listen to the band chills outside.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Riddler
Not a song suggestion, but tell them to keep all drinking/smoking/secksing in the house. That way if someone calls the cops for disturbing the peace, you can't all get busted for having alcohol/weed/underage sex present. If all those things were kept to upstairs room and/or a basement, that would work best. Anyone who wants to listen to the band chills outside.

That is actually the best bet if there must be alcohol present. Just make sure NOBODY gives the cops permission to go inside.
Quote by Aus-10
Yes, but the underaged kids with alcohol/possibly pot, and myself being the 18 year old...

Besides, we will be outside playing screamy metal.

well, especially because of your genre, cops will be likely to come. here's what you do:
1) find the heaviest, screechiest, least party- friendly song ever
2)learn to play it
3) go to the guy who's organizing the party and offer to play it for him so he'll be like "y'know.. I'll just get a DJ"
4) get wasted at the party without having to pay.
5) since you're 18, statuatory rape.
Play some depressing acoustic music.

That'll show 'em!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Don't tell the police that you're the oldest... that is if you can avoid it.
But more importantly try to keep it so that the police don't show up.
Quote by DunlopGuy
I...don't...get...this...thre (brain explodes)

Quote by glib homunculus
I make love to cheesecake.

Quote by Dirge Humani
That is actually the best bet if there must be alcohol present. Just make sure NOBODY gives the cops permission to go inside.

Yes this is the most important thing. If they ask make sure everyone says either "No". or "this is not my house so No"

They cannot enter the house without prior permission of the occupant.

Then all they can do is ASK ye to keep the music down. Oh and Play just inside the actual door of the house then they really cant do anything.
Screaming metal doesn't seem very festive, at least for this kind of thing. Tone down, volume down, try something that won't get you in trouble and won't be objectionable.
The Pit. The Movie.
Cover Rage Against the Machine's cover of NWA's "Fuck the Police".

Crowd pleaser.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Dude, if you're a heavy metal band with screaming vocals, you're definitely gonna have the cops called because quite honestly, not alot of neighbors (especially ones that call the cops) will enjoy that music. Do an acoustic set, they're awesome.
One Love

Last time i did that sort of thing, some mother****er threw an entire bottle of jack + Amp x $1100 = a psycho axl rose flip out. I was so pissed man, i hate some of the assholes on my football team.
I wouldn't even consider playing if there is a chance I'd get arrested
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
eh... don't bring beer.
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Originally Posted by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?
see, the other guitarist who got this gig from the friend is all encouraging of it, and im edgey. he thinks im worrying too much.
Quote by Aus-10
see, the other guitarist who got this gig from the friend is all encouraging of it, and im edgey. he thinks im worrying too much.

He also sounds to be a minor.

Which means he doesn't have to worry quite as much.
I really suggest you don't go if they are encouraging beer...to poor underage children

Quote by imicius
He also sounds to be a minor.

Which means he doesn't have to worry quite as much.

Band members age:

He's 17.
I personally wouldn't unless you move it inside.
One Love

Just don't do it man, from the sounds of it, it's not going to be worth it. Hell, from the sounds of it, a lot of people probably won't be able to recall if you were there or not anyways
The Pit. The Movie.
That farmer's gonna be pretty pissed when a ton of drunks go sacrifice some cows.

Quote by metaldud536
Pfft 18 and your the responsible adult ?
If the house is in a neighborhood of course someones gonna complain.

I've found out its on a farm though.
Quote by crazygluedmybut

I don't think noise pollution could land you in jail.

Wait... I thought rock n roll AINT noise pollution.

I'm confused
Nah, i just put that in to give a feel to let you know what type of music would be played.

Its a true question
from what ive read, people seem to be overlooking the alcohol problem. this makes it a definate no. probably jail time if you are an adult with a bunch of MIP's around you. keep that somewhere else like someone said if you are gonna go through with this.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Page 1 of 2