For Drop C tuning, which fret on the low E would u tune to?

like for standard u would use the fifth

Drop D 7th

whats drop C

thanks
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
You tune the 6th string 2 steps down. The E should sound on the 4th fret. Each other string should be down a step, so it should still be the 7th fret unless you do the harmonic tuning way.

CGCFAD
*Emoticon that Twist of fate uses of the guy shooting himself in the face*
Spastic Ink
You can't match it to any other note on the neck at exact pitch as it's the lowest string.

Buy a tuner, or just play a C and drop it until you reach the same note in a lower octave.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Drop C, 9th, amazingly!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Smokey Amp
You can't match it to any other note on the neck at exact pitch as it's the lowest string.

Buy a tuner, or just play a C and drop it until you reach the same note in a lower octave.

Erm.
Holding the 9th Fret on the E string and tuning that to the A string (assuming it's still tuned to A) will give you a C.
Spiral Out
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Erm.
Holding the 9th Fret on the E string and tuning that to the A string (assuming it's still tuned to A) will give you a C.

You're right. You know, I never looked at it like that. Then again, I barely ever venture out of standard...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
CGCFAD....NOW DO IT...plug ur guitar into a tuner and wolah
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Alternatively, you could hit 3rd fret on the A string with open E and tune down until you hear the octave.