Page 1 of 2
And i dunno what we should play. I've pretty much convinced them to play Crazy Train (cause it is the ultimate party song) but they wanna play some Green Day (and not thier good stuff either, Holiday and Bolevard and that crap) and some Sum 41 (which i do like thier old stuff but i can't stand Fat Lip at all, and my singer wants me to help "rap" to it). We might play Killing in the Name but we lack a whammy pedal so we might play this with a wah (is this a recipe for failure)?

But what other songs do you guys recommend? Keep in mind that we are not the most talented group of individuals and this is gunna be mostly jocks (i'm gunna be so out of place).
Its her party, play what she wants
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
playing killing in the name of with a wah isn't going to help you...that's some messed up logic

just play whatever she likes...it's her party
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quit the band.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
You should spell friend right. Especially when using it twice in one sentence.

Then, go to last.fm, search for related artists to the ones she suggested, and take it from there.
As long as you get laid does it really matter???
My Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
B-52 AT-100 Half stack
Boss GT-10
Breedlove AD25SR Plus
Yamaha EG112C
Boss Mt-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Wd-7 wah
Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0, 1.5, 1.14
either play what she wants or don't do it, easy as that. play some easy AC/DC songs. at a party odds are you'll find a bunch of people into ac/dc enough to rock along to it.
Umm yea ask her what she wants. And you can play killing in the name of without a whammy pedal.
the Killing In The Name solo works with wah. tried it and proved it works
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hour, it's really good

Quote by Cobalt Blue
either play what she wants or don't do it, easy as that. play some easy AC/DC songs. at a party odds are you'll find a bunch of people into ac/dc enough to rock along to it.

Thant's actually a really good idea, i'll tell them we should play Back in Black or You Shook me all Night Long.

And no, we're not getting paid
just play the songs they want.. No teenage girl will want to bang you after you play a song that isn't popular..
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
yeah i'd go with some ac/dc, everybody likes them, maybe play under the bridge, thats always a good song and not too difficult, and if she wants greenday, its her party
kill 'em a lot
A sweet 16 party. That just...Smells Like Teen Spirit. But seriously considering the cirumstances, just play what she would like. I wouldn't want a rapper coming to my birthday party and rhyming his ass off, even if he was good. It's just not my style.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Play a few songs she wants, then go straight into some raging blast beats, single note offscale progressions with tremolo picking, and deep throated growls that come from the firey depths of hell.
AKA Brutal Death Metal.
Quote by Ingsoc
A sweet 16 party. That just...Smells Like Teen Spirit. But seriously considering the cirumstances, just play what she would like. I wouldn't want a rapper coming to my birthday party and rhyming his ass off, even if he was good. It's just not my style.

+1
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Play Fermented Offal Discharge by Necrophagist.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Faithfully by Journey, every time you ever get a chance to play something in front of people always play Faithfully.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
How much of a crowd pleaser would it be if we played Don't Stop Believen?

That would be AMAZING.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Dance_of_Death
How much of a crowd pleaser would it be if we played Don't Stop Believen?

You would f ucking rock the house down
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
yeah play some ballads like don't stop believen that would be so kick arse and some newer green day. play green day's espionage because it's way cool and pretty easy.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by JagStang5246
A little Crystal Mountain never hurt any body. Who can't party to Death.

YES!! I LOVE YOU!!
Either make the band a Wesley Willis Tribute band and burn the house down with hits like
"Rock and roll mcdonalds"
"I wupped Batmans ass"
"Suck a polar bears funky ass"
"I wupped oprah winfreys ass"
"Chronic schizoprhenia"

or quit the band, they're holding you back.

Plus, I can see it now, you guys rockin out in the background, one of u headbutting patrons, the suburbanite families standing around with their jaws dropped- it sounds like a magical 16th to me. You'd get some for sure.
No, just play it dude. GD's Holiday would be a good one because it's a song everyone'll know that rocks hard enough you can stand playing it but will get people moving. don't go into this with the attitude of wanting to impress people with your playing, play to get people to laugh and have a good time. Only thing TO do, really. So do Fat Lip cause everyone knows it and rap along and be wicked out there. Guaranteed everyone will think you're gods.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Hmm... I would say ****ed With A Knife, Meat Hook Sodomy, I Cum Blood, Addicted To Vaginal Skin, etc... You can never go wrong with Cannibal Corpse at a sweet sixteen!
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
+ 1 to Don't Stop Believing

But yea, its her party, not yours, play some damn Green Day. Swallow your pride and she'll swallow your dick
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
One rule: NO STAIRWAY.

Other than that, it's anyone's game.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
Do what she wants man, it's HER birthday party, just ask her to give you a list of songs, and if it makes you feel better do one song you want to do. I suggest "The Devil's Dick Disaster" by The Number Twelve Looks Like You.
Quote by Cobalt Blue

You Shook Me All Night Long...nuff said
Quote by BennyStruggle
Either make the band a Wesley Willis Tribute band and burn the house down with hits like
"Rock and roll mcdonalds"
"I wupped Batmans ass"
"Suck a polar bears funky ass"
"I wupped oprah winfreys ass"
"Chronic schizoprhenia"

or quit the band, they're holding you back.

Plus, I can see it now, you guys rockin out in the background, one of u headbutting patrons, the suburbanite families standing around with their jaws dropped- it sounds like a magical 16th to me. You'd get some for sure.

+1,000 for knowing the genius of Wesley Willis. You forgot the classic hit, The Vultures Ate my Dead Ass
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Page 1 of 2